This article explains how admins can configure Adoption Section in C360, to help view usage data of an account in C360. This is achieved by adding the usage layout defined in Adoption Explorer project, to the C360 layout configuration page. Once admins add this section, CSMs can now see the usage data of associated company as per the above configured Adoption Explorer layout on C360 page.
- Before you configure an Adoption Explorer section in a C360 layout, make sure that you have already created a Project and a Usage Layout in the respective Adoption Explorer Project. For more information on how to create an Adoption Explorer Project and a Usage Layout in an Adoption Explorer Project, refer to the Configure Projects in Adoption Explorer article.
- To enable this project in C360, External Id in Adoption Explorer object must be mapped to external identifier field in the Gainsight's Company Object. Alternately, you can also create a custom field in the Gainsight's Company object from Data Management page, and load the external ids into that field, and then map with the external id field in the Adoption Explorer object. For more information on how to do this mapping, refer to the Projects and Project Settings article.
Add Adoption Explorer Section to the C360 page
By default, the Adoption Explorer section is available on the Left pane.
To add the Adoption Explorer section to the required layout:
- Navigate to Administration > C360 Layouts.
- Click the EDIT icon on the required layout where you want to add the Adoption Explorer section. For more information on how to handle multiple Layouts, refer to the Configure Custom C360 Layouts article.
- Drag-and-drop the Adoption Explorer section to the right pane.
- (Optional) Click the Edit icon to rename the Adoption Explorer section.
- Hover to the Adoption Explorer section and click the CONFIGURE icon. Configure Section dialog appears.
- Select the required Adoption Explorer Project from the Select Project dropdown list. Once you select an Adoption Explorer project, you will see a list of usage layouts from the selected project, in the Usage Layout dropdown list.
Note: All the Adoption Explorer projects defined in the Org are listed as options in the dropdown list.
- Select the required Layout from the Usage Layout dropdown list.
- Click SAVE.
After you add the Adoption Explorer section to the layout, CSMs can now view it on the C360 page. To learn more about how Adoption Explorer Section appears on C360 page, refer to the Adoption Explorer Section on C360 page article.