ATTENTION: Documentation Updates are in ProcessWe are in the process of updating the screenshots, GIFs, and content to match the latest UX based on the Horizon Experience’s new look and feel. To learn more about the Horizon Experience in Gainsight PX, click here.
Gainsight PX Cloud Server integration allows Segment server-side events to be sent to the Gainsight PX. Server side data is designed to track backend events that might not be exposed in the web application UI or is not being clicked by the user.
Server-side tracking main use cases:
- Aggregated user and account metrics such as API usage, number of reports
- Events sourced by other systems connected to Segment.
- Segment integration allows you to take advantage of an existing integration with Segment from all the various platforms that Segment supports.
- You can send events into Gainsight PX with a simple button click.
- If your product already uses the Gainsight PX client side script, sending server-side events gives you a bigger picture view of what your customers are doing in your system.
To use the Gainsight PX Cloud Server integration, you need:
- Segment event source
- Gainsight PX admin account.
How to Setup
Step 1: Copy your Product Key
- Login to Gainsight PX.
- Navigate to Settings > Products and copy the product key.
Step 2: Create a Gainsight PX Destination in Segment
- Login to Segment.
- Click the following link to install the Gainsight PX as a destination.
Or append the home URL with: ../../destinations/catalog/gainsight-px-cloud-server
Note: Once installed, this link redirects you to the Integration page, as shown below.
- Click Configure Gainsight PX Cloud Server button.
- From Select Source window, choose an event source to connect to Gainsight PX and click Confirm Source button.
- Click API Key field.
- Paste the product key that was copied in Step 1 into the API Key field.
- Click Save.
Step 3: Confirm Setup
Once you save the destination, navigate to Segment Overview page to confirm that the desired source is connected to the Gainsight PX Cloud Server destination.