This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
IMPORTANT - Impacted Due to 6.32 April/May Release - Doc Update is in progress...
Due to the latest major release this month, this article has been impacted. Steps, images, and playable GIFs in this article will soon be updated to reflect the latest changes.
IMPORTANT: Gainsight app for Zoom is now available in the Zoom marketplace for US customers and we estimate that it will be available for the EU customers in May (tentative).
The Gainsight Assist brings the power of Gainsight directly into the Zoom meeting experience. Users can access their Gainsight Customer 360, Timeline, People and Customer Journey features directly within Zoom, surfacing critical insights and enabling note-taking in real-time while on customer calls.
Currently, Gainsight users can access Gainsight features such as People Management and Timeline directly in the Zoom. After the installation of Gainsight App for Zoom, users can login into Gainsight app from Zoom.
Note: Gainsight App for Zoom is currently awaiting Zoom Marketplace approval, and we estimate that it will be available in May (tentative).
Business Use Cases:
- User log in and out of the Gainsight app for Zoom
- Admin controls the access of Gainsight application in Zoom app
- User consumes C360 data from Zoom
- User consumes Timeline and create activity without leaving meeting in Zoom
- User lists the meeting attendees and associate these contacts with Company or Relationship
- User builds report on events from Zoom app and filters that to a Company or Relationship
- Term of Use URL: https://www.gainsight.com/policy/terms-of-service/
- Support URL: Gainsight Support Quick Reference Guide
Permission scopes for Gainsight App
To provide the relevant information from your Gainsight domain, the Gainsight app will need access to the following information from Zoom Meetings:
- View Your Meetings: Gainsight app needs to view your meetings, so that relevant Timeline and People information can be displayed.
- View User info: Gainsight app needs to view the Host’s and Participant’s information to get People insights.
- Enable Zoom app within Zoom Meeting Client: Enabling Zoom App within Zoom meeting provides access to Gainsight App within Zoom.
Installation and Authorization
IMPORTANT: The user authenticating the Gainsight App must be a Gainsight product user with a Full/Viewer/Viewer + license license. The permissions for these licenses in Gainsight app for Zoom as same as that honored in Web application.
Install from Zoom Marketplace
Gainsight app can be installed from the Zoom Marketplace.
To install Gainsight App for Zoom:
Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- In the Search textbox, type Gainsight.
- Click Add. Zoom OAuth Consent screen is displayed.
- Click Authorize to allow the Gainsight App to access your information in accordance. You can remove this app at any time in My Apps.
When a host organizes a Zoom meeting, the host must authorize the Gainsight application in Zoom. This is a very important step that the host must follow.
Add Gainsight App for Zoom Meetings
Gainsight app can be added to the Zoom application, when an attendee receives an invite from the participants of the ongoing meeting to join and access the Timeline and People sections.
To add the Gainsight app through invite in the Zoom:
Click Invite, this would send a meeting invitation to the Internal / External attendees.
Click View in the pop window of the invite. [For the invitee]
Click Add to add the Gainsight App for Zoom.
You will be redirected to the Authorization web page. Enter the Gainsight credentials to complete the authorization process to start using the Gainsight App in Zoom.
Access Gainsight App in Zoom
After installing Gainsight App, users must enable Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button toggle to start using the Gainsight App in Zoom.
To access Gainsight App in Zoom::
- Login to Zoom web application.
- In Zoom web > Settings > Zoom Apps tab, enable the Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button toggle.
- Start the Zoom meeting.
- Click Apps in the Zoom meeting window.
- In the My Apps tab, click Gainsight. You will see a message to sign in to Gainsight.
- Click Sign In and enter Gainsight credentials to start using the Gainsight App.
Uninstalling Gainsight App
To Uninstall Gainsight App from Zoom:
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage > Added Apps or search for Gainsight App.
- Click Remove. The Remove App window is displayed.
- Select a reason and click Remove.
The Gainsight app will be successfully UnInstalled.
Gainsight Application Pane Overview
The Gainsight App contains the following options and functionalities:.
Click the horizontal three dots icon for a list of actions you can take:
- Pop Out to separate the participants list from the meeting window.
Note: Merger to Meeting Window is to add the participants list back to the meeting window.
- Refresh App to manually check for the new data [new participants/new activities etc].
- Close for the Zoom ← → Gainsight integration to automatically pull in Zoom Cloud Recordings, chat logs, audio transcripts etc.
2. Search for Company/Relationship just as users do today in the Gainsight Application.
- In the Company/Relationship dropdown menu, select the Company or Relationship with which you want to associate the participants.
- Navigate to the Timeline tab to see the list of activities for a particular company/relationship selected, create activity, edit drafts, comment on any activity.
Note: For more information about Timeline in Zoom App, refer to the Timeline in Zoom App article.
- Navigate to the People tab to see the list of meeting attendees belonging to the selected company/relationship. This list includes the attendees who are not yet added as a person/company person in Gainsight. For more information about People in Zoom App, refer to the Add Participants as Person Records in Zoom App article.
- Click the refresh icon to update the list of attendees.
- Click Logout to come out of the Gainsight Application.
Note: Once logged out of Gainsight Application. Users will have to follow the Authorization steps above in order to log back in.
Access Timeline in Zoom App
The Timeline tab lets users view and create activities for the selected Company/Relationship. They can click on the respective Activity to view associated notes, tasks, comments and other details. Participants can create activities, edit drafts, comment on any activity and so on.
- Participants cannot create Views in Timeline.
- Activities cannot be shared via email.
Log Timeline Activity
To log timeline activities from the Zoom app:
- Navigate to the Timeline tab.
- (Optional) Click Expand at the top to zoom out the pop-up view.
- Click Add Activity.
- Select the Activity Type from the dropdown list. The New Activity window is displayed.
- The Subject for the Activity appears automatically and can be edited.
- The Activity Date is set to the current date by default. You can modify the date if required.
- The Duration (in minutes) of the meeting is recorded automatically.
- The internal and external attendees are identified and listed under the respective fields, automatically. You can add or remove attendees from this list.
Note: If the host of the meeting has not authorized and installed the Gainsight App, the Subject, Internal Attendees and External Attendees will not be logged automatically.
- In the Note section, enter notes for the activity or add people.
- Click Log Activity.
Note: If you close the composer, without discarding or logging the Activity, it will be saved automatically as a draft.
The owners of the Activity can edit an activity as follows:
- Go to the Activity you wish to edit and click the three vertical dots.
- Select Edit from the dropdown menu. The Activity page appears.
- Edit the Activity as required.
- Click Update Activity.
Note: You can change the Activity type if required. However, any data filled initially will be copied only if there are matching fields in the other Activity type. Otherwise, the Data will be discarded.
The owners of the Activity can delete an activity, as follows:
Click the three vertical dots menu of the Activity and select Delete.
Click Delete in the confirmation dialog box.
Drafts in Timeline
Activities that are saved as drafts can be viewed by clicking the drafts icon. Drafts are created automatically when you close the activity composer without logging or discarding the Activity.
To view drafts:
- Click on the Draft icon. A list of drafts will be displayed.
- Click on a draft to view or edit it.