This article explains how to Install a Solution in Sightline Vault. Gainsight recommends you first refer to the Overview of Sightline Vault article and then proceed with this article.
Sightline Vault helps you derive value from Gainsight by easily installing pre-built Solutions by Gainsight and Gainsight Community. When you Install a Solution, you have various installation options available to you. This article explains the installation process and available options.
Install a Solution
To install a Solution:
- Navigate to Administration > Operation > Sightline Vault.
- Click on the required Solution type.
- Click on the required Solution.
- Click Install. Deployment Instructions page is displayed.
Please read the Prerequisites and Post deployment instructions for the Solution to be installed, if any.
- Click Next. Assets page is displayed.
For Solutions under Elements, there will be a Dependency step, which contains the prerequisites or dependencies of the Solution which needs to be completed before or after installing the Solution.
- Red: Text in red highlighted color means that the prerequisites are not yet set up and you need to configure the requirements.
- Green: Text in green highlighted color means that the prerequisites are already set up and you can proceed with installation of the current Solution.
- Select the required Assets.
Note: By default, all the Assets of an Solution are selected for installation. If you do not wish to Install an Asset, clear the checkbox for that Asset. The Asset(s) whose respective check box(es) is not selected is not configured when the Solution is deployed.
- Click Install. Install pop up page is displayed with installation status.
- Click Ok to continue viewing the other Solutions provided by Gainsight’s Sightline Vault.
An email is sent to the User on the completion (success/failure) of installation of the Solution.
Also, you can view the status of the installation in the Install Logs.
Note: Once a Solution is deployed, you can not deploy it again for 30 minutes or until the previous deployment is completed.
The installation process creates the Gainsight Assets configured with a Solution. Assets include Playbooks, Rules, Surveys, Reports, etc.
By default, all the Assets of a Solution are selected for installation. If you do not wish to Install an Asset, clear the checkbox for that Asset. The Asset(s) whose respective check box(es) is not selected is not configured when the Solution is deployed.
Handling Manual Assets
Some Assets are part of a Solution that must be manually created. You can differentiate a manual Asset from an automated one by the symbol present against the Asset.
- Assets that are created automatically are accompanied by a checkbox. When you select the checkbox for the Asset, it is created during the installation.
- Manual Assets are accompanied by a human symbol and have to be manually created. If you wish to use a manual asset, you must create them before installing the respective solution. However, some manual rule assets are for post-installation.
Submit a Solution Idea
<<This feature is coming soon...>> Admins can submit a Solution idea in the Sightline Vault. After verification of the Solution by Gainsight, the verified Solution is available under Solutions by Gainsight Community category in the respective Solution Type in the Sightline Vault.