This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
Gainsight Sally, the Slack bot from Gainsight. Sally integrates Gainsight with Slack and once enabled, helps you request information (such as account summary, NPS® survey responses, health score, upcoming CTAs, etc.) and also update data (close a CTA) in Gainsight. You can log in to Slack, access “Sally” and start sending direct messages (DM) as you do with any other Slack user. You can send DMs to Sally using queries such as “Health Score of Acme”, “Sponsors for Acme”, and “Recent activities for Acme corp”.
Note: Relationship information can now be queried in Sally.
IMPORTANT: Users can view the responses for all the interactive actions from Slack directly in the threads.
Users who are assigned Gainsight’s new Viewer+ Analytics License type have the same permissions as the users with Viewer License type, except they are not allowed to:
- Access Query all fields feature
- Create CTAs from Slack
To get started with using Sally, follow these steps:
- Launch Slack.
- Click the Open a Direct Message (+) icon.
- Search for Sally, select Gainsight Sally, and click Go. Sally appears in your direct messages list.
- Click Go. Sally is added to your Direct Messages list.
- After you have added Sally to the direct messages list, you can request information by sending direct messages. Sally can interpret natural language, so feel free to phrase your questions in a conversational way.
Note: Gainsight Sally provides a drop-down option containing all the Companies/Relationships if no match is found for their query. This improves Sally's querying experience. Users can search for the right match for the Company/Relationship they are looking for from this drop-down option.
If a user had searched for Company/Relationship along with any intent, then after selecting the right match, the result for that Company/Relationship is displayed for that particular intent. In case no intent is provided, the summary of that particular match is displayed.
IMPORTANT: Users can view the responses for all the interactive actions from Slack directly in the threads.
Request Information from Sally
Following are some examples of queries you can post to Sally.
- Account information:
- Get me the summary of <<company name>>
- Get me the summary of <<relationship name>>
- Health score for <<company name>>
- Show me NPS® for <<company name>>
- Recent activities for <<company name>>
Note: Custom activity types from Timeline are supported.
- Activities for <<relationship name>> for <<company name>>
- Sponsors for <<company name>>
- Attributes for relationship <<company name>>
- User Information:
- My CTA
- My cta for <<relationship name>>
- CTAs Due Today
- CTAs Overdue
- Tasks Due Today and Tasks Overdue
- Cta for relationship <<company name>>
- Account Owner:
- CSM for <<company name>>
- Show me csm for relationship <<relationship name>>
- Relationship level information - for querying relationship level information, the word Relationship needs to be added to the query. The following types of queries can be asked in Sally:
- Show me summary for Relationship <<relationship name>> of <<account/customer name>>
- Show me summary for Relationship <<relationship name>>
- Show me summary for Relationships of <<account/customer name>>.
- To get successful results using this command the account/customer name needs to be correct.
Note: Even if there are minor spelling mistakes in the commands, Sally tries to recognize the request and returns an appropriate response.
Following are some examples of requesting information from Sally:
- View C360 Summary: Command: Summary of amcs group (name of the customer). Using this command, you will get the customer summary of the amcs group. Sally will return the C360 Summary based on the C360 Layout configuration. The Summary layout configuration created in the C360 layout will be visible in Slack messaging as well.
- View health score of a customer: Command: health score abc financial (name of the customer). Using this command, you can get the health score of abc financial company. If the text in the response message is long, Slack will show a read more... link that navigates you to Gainsight and you can view the information by logging in.
- Scorecard response can now be filtered based on the measure group. After you query for a health score for a company, you can filter the score by selecting a measure from the drop-down list.
- View C360 Attributes in Sally: Sally will provide information from the C360 Attributes section.
- If you have multiple Attribute sections in a C360/R360 layout, a drop-down appears from which you can select a section and view related information. If you do not have multiple attributes in the layout, the attributes appear in the default configuration.
- Similar to the Summary response, the response appears in the layout configuration.
- Filter timeline entries by Activity Type: Timeline Activities can now be filtered by Activity Type. Sally will now return information about custom activity types along with standard activity types such as Updates, Calls, Meetings, Emails.
- Query for CSM of a customer: You can now query for the name of the CSM assigned to an account. Sample Query: CSM for <Customer Name>.
Note: Admins can map the appropriate field in your org to the CSM field in Administration > Customers. However, Sally only recognizes <CSM Name> in queries at this time.
- The CSM field in the Summary query or the CSM specific query cannot be re-configured. Since, the CSM field is always displayed in the Summary query, even if it does not exist on the C360 layout.
Access Relationship level information
You can query for specific relationships in Sally. Specific relationships can be queried in the following ways:
- Users can query for relationships associated with a specific account when they know only the account name. Then, they can select the relationship they would like to access. Available queries for this search:
- Relationships for Account Name
- Get me Relationships for Account Name
- Show me Relationships for Account Name
- Users can also search for relationships by relationship type and select the results they want based on Account Name. Available queries for this search:
- Relationships for Relationship Type Name
- Get me Relationships for Relationship Type Name
- Show me Relationships for Relationship Type Name
Searching for a specific relationship displays a drop-down list of options such as summary, NPS® score, and Recent Activity. Only options with activity will be shown. You can query the following relationship information from Sally:
- CTAs (User + Relationship level) - if you query for my ctas the ctas created on account and relationship level will be provided to you.
- Health Score
- Sponsor Tracking
- NPS® Survey Response for a Relationship
You can query for summaries of relationships with the following options:
- Users can search for a relationship summary with a combination of the Account name and the relationship name. Use this command if you are aware of the relationship name and also the account/customer name. Available queries for this search:
- Show me Summary for Relationship Name of Account Name
- Summary for Relationship Name of Account Name
- Get me Summary for Relationship Name of Account Name
- Users can search for a relationship summary with the relationship name. Use this command if you are not sure about the account/customer name. Available queries for this search:
- Summary for Relationship Name
- Get me Summary for Relationship Name
- Show me Summary for Relationship Name
- Users can search for a relationship summary with a combination of relationship type name and the relationship name. Available queries for this search:
- Summary for Relationship Type Name of Relationship Name
- Get me Summary for Relationship Type Name of Relationship Name
- Show me Summary for Relationship Type Name of Relationship Name
- Users can search for a relationship summary with a combination of Account name and relationship type name. Available queries for this search:
- Show me Summary for Relationship Type Name for Account Name
- Get me Summary for Relationship Type Name for Account Name
- Summary for Relationship Type Name for Account Name
- 5. Users can search for relationship summary using the Account name. Available queries for this search:
- Show me Summary for Relationships for Acme Corp
- Get me Summary for Relationships for Acme Corp
- Summary for Relationships for Acme Corp
Multiple matches scenario (in relationships)
If the relationship is present in multiple customers, then a drop-down appears in Slack which allows you to select the required relationship and account combination.
If there are more than 20 matches, then Sally will not present any results. In this scenario, refine the query to get results.
Access CTA related information
Using Sally, you can also access CTA related information like the CTA’s assigned to you (both Account and Relationships), tasks due today, and tasks overdue. When you request CTA related info, the response also contains a link to the Cockpit module, to enable you to take action from Cockpit directly.
Following are the commands that you can use to get CTA related information:
- My CTA - returns all the CTAs that are assigned to you that are created both on Account and Relationships.
- CTAs Due Today - returns the CTAs that are due on the day of the query for the logged in user.
- CTAs Overdue - returns the CTAs whose due date is already passed for the logged in user.
- Tasks Due Today and Tasks Overdue - returns the tasks due/overdue for the logged in user.
- CTA for <<Relationship Name>>- returns a summary for the open CTAs for the relationship referenced. Instead of using the relationship name, users can use combinations of the relationship type and the account name using the relationship queries in the Access Relationship level information section of this article.
Note: To access information like CTAs Due Today, CTAs Overdue, Tasks Due/Overdue use the My CTA command first and then use the additional options in the Slack message.
Following are some examples of accessing CTA related info from Sally:
- Command: my cta. Alternatively, you can navigate to the Cockpit module to take action using the Go To Cockpit link.
- Command(option): Click CTAs Due Today option as shown in the above image. You can close the CTAs that are due today using the Close CTA option that appears in the message.
3. Query: Show me CTA for Relationship Type Name of Account Name
- Click on CTAs Overdue.
- Click on View Relationship
- Select Summary from Dropdown
Multiple Matches Scenario
Multiple matches found scenario: If you have typed Summary of ACME and Sally finds multiple matches in the Gainsight org, you are presented with all the available matches. You can select a match to view its information.
- Select ACME Brick Company. The following message appears.
- If you scroll to end of the message, Sally provides options to view information about the Company.
Post to Customer Timeline
Users can post an activity to a customer’s timeline in Gainsight using Sally in Slack. This feature gives users more options to post while on-the-go, as they can post to timeline directly from the mobile Slack app. When customers post timeline activity from Slack, all mandatory and optional fields are displayed.
Users can send the following command as a direct message to Sally:
“Post to timeline of <customer name>”
You will then be prompted to select the type of activity you would like to post.
After selecting the activity type, an additional dialogue box will appear asking for the Activity’s Subject, Date, Time, and any notes you would like to add. Some types of activity, such as a meeting or call, will ask for the duration in minutes.
After this is filled out, click submit, and the activity will be posted to the customer’s timeline.
Users can also post to the timeline of a Relationship using the following command:
“Post to timeline of Relationship <relationship Name> of <customer name>“
- If the field type is datetime, it is considered as two fields as both date and time need to be listed separately.
- This feature does not support all timeline fields, such as attendees, because of the limitations of Slack’s dialog box.
- Attachments are not supported.
- The user’s image will not be displayed in the timeline along with any activity posted using Sally at this time. We hope to fix this in a future release.
- Users cannot post from a channel. This limitation is intentional.
Query all Fields in Company and Relationship Objects
Sally for Slack and In-App supports querying of all the fields that are available in the Company/Relationship custom and standard objects. It displays the names for the standard Company/Relationship/Person/User lookup fields and for some of the custom lookup fields.
To view the fields defined in the Company/Relationship objects, navigate to Administration > Data Management page and click on the Company/Relationship objects.
Note: Only the users with full Gainsight license can query for all Company/Relationship fields in order to reduce information security risks.
The following are some examples of the new info you can query:
- Renewal Date
- Original Contract Date
For more information on the intents supported in the In-App Sally, refer to the Sally in Gainsight Application article.
Create CTA and Timeline Activities
Sally in Slack allows users to create a CTA or post to Timeline, without logging-in to the Gainsight application. The following are ways users can create a CTA/post an activity:
- Sally Menu
- Slack Shortcuts
- Slack Slash Commands
Note: Admins must reauthorize the slack instance in Gainsight if customers have to use this feature.
Users can now assign CTAs to other Gainsight users when creating CTAs irrespective of license type and must search with a minimum of three characters.
Limitation: Currently, users cannot add playbooks while creating CTAs from Slack.
When you search for a company name, Sally displays the search results. From the More Options dropdown list, select the Create CTA or Post to Timeline options to either create a CTA or post a message to Timeline for the selected Company.
Click the three dots icon of any message and select CTA or Timeline to either create a CTA or post a message to Timeline.
Users can use Slack slash commands such as ‘/Sally CTA’ or ‘/Sally Timeline’ to create a CTA or post a message to Timeline.
NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld.