This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
To access Gainsight Sally within Slack, Sally must be added to the Slack team. The members of the Slack team are then brought into Gainsight and given access permissions to Sally. After Sally is added to your Slack team, you can manage users (give/revoke access to users in Slack to Gainsight) and also provide access to users outside of your org.
For end user instructions, refer to Use Gainsight Sally in Slack and Sally FAQs.
To add Sally to your Slack team:
- Navigate to Administration > Sally > Slack.
- Click Add to Slack. The Sign in Slack dialog appears.
- Enter a team name and click Continue. If you have already logged into a Slack team, this dialog shows the list of Slack teams at the top-right corner, and you can select a team to grant access.
Note: A Slack team can be authorized in only one tenant (Gainsight Org). You cannot authorize a Slack team with more than one Gainsight org. For testing purposes, it is recommended to create a dummy Slack team and authorize it with Gainsight.
- Review the information and click Authorize. If authorization is successful, an authorization successful message appears.
- After successful authorization, your team is visible in the Administration > Sally > Slack screen.
- Hover over your team’s name and you can see the following three options:
- Manage Users - Click on this option to manage users in Gainsight. This navigates to Administration > User Management screen.
- Reauthorize - Click on this option to reauthorize Gainsight Sally with your Slack team. This option is useful if a Slack Admin’s credentials are no longer valid, then a new Slack Admin can use this option to reauthorize Sally.
- Revoke - Click on this option to remove access to Gainsight Sally for your team.
- Click Manage Users. The User Management screen appears.
This screen shows the list of users that are present in Slack and not added to Gainsight. You can select the users you wish to add to Gainsight and click ADD USER TO GS option to add them to Gainsight.
- Navigate to AVATARS > Avatar Type: Slack.
- Select your team avatar from the list.
- Select users from the screen and click Add Users to GS. The Add Users to Gainsight dialog appears. This dialog shows the number of users to be added to Gainsight and also the number of users already added to Gainsight.
- New Users - A new record in GS User object is created
- Users already in Gainsight - Users are mapped to the existing Gainsight users.
Tip: To refresh the list of users from Slack to Gainsight in the User Management screen, click LOAD USERS.
- Click OK. After the users are successfully added, the list of users appear in the USERS IN GAINSIGHT tab.
- Click the toggle button to enable access for a particular user in the Sally Access column.
Note: While adding the users to Gainsight, if the system determines that the user has a Gainsight license, then access to Sally is given automatically.