Automating Relationship Creation in a Company
There can be multiple instances and use cases to create Relationships automatically as per your requirement. In this article, rule configuration is explained for the following use case.
When a new business deal is closed, you can track it as a new Relationship. However, creating relationships manually every time a new deal is signed can be tedious. This article explains how to create a rule which automatically creates Relationships based on set criteria.
- A custom object called Project exists. When a new opportunity is identified, it is logged as a new project record.
- The Project object has a Status field. When this field is set to Won, the opportunity is considered won.
- When an opportunity is won, the corresponding project record is converted into a new Relationship.
- The Project object has a lookup to Company and Relationship Type fields.
- A custom field Business Region exists in Project object. This field tracks the region from which customer is operating.
- A custom field Geographical Region exists in Relationship Type object. This field is equivalent to the Business Region object and tracks the region from which customer is operating.
To create a Rule:
- Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine.
- Click + RULE. Create Rule window is displayed.
- Perform the following actions:
- Rule For: Select Company.
- Rule Name: Enter a name of the Rule.
- Folder: Select a folder from the drop-down list.
- (Optional) Description: Enter a description for the rule.
- Click NEXT. The Setup Rule window is displayed.
Perform following actions in the Setup Rule page:
- Click DATASET.
- Enter Task Name and Output Dataset Name.
- Select the source object, Project here from the Source Object drop-down list.
- Drag and drop the following fields to the Show section:
- Project Name
- Company ID -> Name
- Relationship Type ID -> Name
- Business Region
- In the Filters section, add a filter to fetch data only for those project records with Status as Won.
- Click SAVE.
Perform following actions in the Setup Action page:
- Navigate to the Setup Action page.
- Click + ACTION.
- Select Load to Relationship V2 from the Action drop-down list.
- Select Upsert from the Operation drop-down list.
- Click the Import Lookup icon for Relationship:: Type Id field. The Data import lookup configuration window is displayed.
- Map the Business Region field from the Project object with Geographic Region field from the Relationship Type object.
- Click APPLY.
- Click the Import Lookup icon for Relationship:: Company Id field. The Data import lookup configuration window is displayed.
- Map the Company ID Name field of project object with Name field of Company object.
- Click APPLY.
- Map the Project Name field from Project object with the Name field in Relationship object and mark .
- Perform other mappings as required.
- Select at least one field mapping to mark as identifier for Upsert/Update operation.
- Click SAVE.
- Click RUN NOW to run the rule immediately or schedule the execution of the rule.