IMPORTANT - Articles Impacted due to 6.34 October NXT Release
Due to the v6.34 October, 2022 release, this article has been impacted. Steps, images, and playable GIFs in this article will soon be updated to reflect the latest changes.
For more information about the latest UI changes, click here.
This article explains how a Customer Success Manager (CSM) can add an enhancement request on behalf of a customer using the Product Request feature.
Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and Product Managers (PMs) can leverage Product Requests as a platform to collaborate and work on the enhancement requests received from customer.
The Product Requests consists of an Enhancement Request Form that CSMs can use to create the enhancement request on behalf of a customer.
The enhancement request is based on the following two types of feedback received from the customers:
- Improvement to an existing product feature
- New feature development
Note: Admins must create a connection between Gainsight and Productboard in order for the CSMs to have access to the Product Request feature.
Access Product Requests
To access the Product Requests tab:
- In the global search field, enter the name of the company.
- Select the company from the search results in the dropdown.
Note: The company name hyperlink available anywhere within Gainsight such as from the CTA List View can also be clicked to navigate to its 360 page.
- Click Product Requests tab. The Product Requests page appears.
Create Enhancement Request
CSMs can create enhancement requests on behalf of the customers.
To create an enhancement request:
- Navigate to the Product Request tab.
- In the Create dropdown menu, click Enhancement Request. The New Enhancement Request slide-out panel appears.
- In the Enhancement Request Title field, enter a name for the enhancement request.
- In the Summary textbox, provide a summary of the enhancement request.
Note: Modify the auto populated details in summary if required.
- In the Contact Email, enter the email of the customer who requested the enhancement.
- Click Create Request.
Note: Gainsight provides the following standard fields:
- Enhancement Request Title
- Contact Email
The enhancement request form is not limited to fields mentioned above. Based on the organization’s requirement, fill the fields (as required) provided by the admin.
View Enhancement Requests and Roadmap items
To view the details of an enhancement request, click an enhancement request. A slide-out panel appears, that displays the information about the specific request.
- Enhancement Request status.
- Enhancement Request title.
- Details of the Enhancement Request Form.
- Roadmap Items associated with the enhancement.
Roadmap Items are a set of activities that need to be performed to consider an enhancement request as complete. An enhancement request may contain one or more number of roadmap items.
To view the roadmap items:
- Click an Enhancement Request. A slide-out panel appears.
- Click Open Roadmap. A slide-out panel appears.
The slide-out panel displays the following information:
- Roadmap Item status.
- Roadmap Item title.
- Roadmap Item high-level summary.
- Associated Enhancement Requests for the Roadmap Item.