IMPORTANT - Articles Impacted due to 6.34 October NXT Release
Due to the v6.34 October, 2022 release, this article has been impacted. Steps, images, and playable GIFs in this article will soon be updated to reflect the latest changes.
For more information about the latest UI changes, click here.
This article explains how admins can configure Product Requests Feature for Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and Product Managers (PMs).
Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and Product Managers (PMs) can leverage Product Requests as a platform to collaborate and work on the enhancement requests received from customers.
The Product Requests consists of an Enhancement Request Form that CSMs can leverage to create the enhancement request and submit to the Product Managers for approval.
For more information on workflow of Product Requests, refer to the Product Requests Overview article.
To access the Product Requests:
- Admins must create a connection between Gainsight and Productboard.
- Admins must add the Product Requests to C360 Layout. For more information on how to add C360 layout, refer to the Configure 360 Layouts article.
Create a Productboard Connection
Admins must create a connection between Gainsight and Productboard to add Product Request layout to C360.
To create a Productboard connection:
- Navigate to Administration > Connectors 2.0.
- Click Create Connection. The Create Connection window appears.
- From the Connector dropdown, select Productboard.
- In the Name of the connection field, enter the connection name.
- In the Access Token field, enter the token details of the Product Board.
Note: Admin must reach out to Product Management for the token details.
- Click Save.
Add Product Requests to C360 Layout
After the Productboard connection is established, Admins must add the Product Requests tab to the C360 layout.
For more information on how to add a C360 layout, refer to the Configure 360 Layouts article.
Modify an Enhancement Request Form
Gainsight provides a standard Enhancement Request Form for CSMs. Admins can work with Product Managers to modify the form according to their needs. This helps the Product Managers to make informed decisions for their Product.
To modify the enhancement request form:
- Navigate to Administration > Product Requests
- Drag and drop the fields from the Fields section into the Canvas section.
- (Optional) Hold and drag the added fields in the canvas section to arrange the fields.
Note: Following are the standard fields and cannot be edited or deleted.
- Enhancement Request Title
- Contact Email
- Click the Settings icon to access the settings page of the field.
- In the Title field, enter the name of the field.
- Toggle the Required Field button to make the field mandatory.
- Click Save.
Click Save to save the enhancement request form.
For more information on how to create custom fields, refer to the Basic Operations in Gainsight Data Management article from the Additional Resources section.
Note: Additional fields can be added to the Enhancement Request object.