This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
The Gainsight Assist brings the power of Gainsight directly into the Zoom meeting experience. Users can access their Gainsight Customer 360, Timeline, People and Customer Journey features directly within Zoom, surfacing critical insights and enabling note-taking in real-time while on customer calls.
Currently, Gainsight users can access Gainsight features such as People Management and Timeline directly in the Zoom. After the installation of Gainsight App for Zoom, users can login into Gainsight app from Zoom.
Note: Gainsight app for Zoom is now available in the Zoom marketplace for US customers and we estimate that it will be available for the EU customers in May (tentative).
Business Use Cases:
- User log in and out of the Gainsight app for Zoom
- Admin controls the access of Gainsight application in Zoom app
- User consumes C360 data from Zoom
- User consumes Timeline and create activity without leaving meeting in Zoom
- User lists the meeting attendees and associate these contacts with Company or Relationship
- User builds report on events from Zoom app and filters that to a Company or Relationship
- Term of Use URL: https://www.gainsight.com/policy/terms-of-service/
- Support URL: Gainsight Support Quick Reference Guide
Permission scopes for Gainsight App
To provide the relevant information from your Gainsight domain, the Gainsight app will need access to the following information from Zoom Meetings:
- View Your Meetings: Gainsight app needs to view your meetings, so that relevant Timeline and People information can be displayed.
- View User info: Gainsight app needs to view the Host’s and Participant’s information to get People insights.
- Enable Zoom app within Zoom Meeting Client: Enabling Zoom App within Zoom meeting provides access to Gainsight App within Zoom.
Installation and Authorization
IMPORTANT: The user authenticating the Gainsight App must be a Gainsight product user with a Full/Viewer/Viewer + license license. The permissions for these licenses in Gainsight app for Zoom as same as that honored in Web application.
Install from Zoom Marketplace
Gainsight app can be installed from the Zoom Marketplace.
To install Gainsight App for Zoom:
Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- In the Search textbox, type Gainsight.
- Click Add. Zoom OAuth Consent screen is displayed.
- Click Authorize to allow the Gainsight App to access your information in accordance. You can remove this app at any time in My Apps.
When a host organizes a Zoom meeting, the host must authorize the Gainsight application in Zoom. This is a very important step that the host must follow.
Add Gainsight App for Zoom Meetings
Gainsight app can be added to the Zoom application, when an attendee receives an invite from the participants of the ongoing meeting to join and access the Timeline and People sections.
To add the Gainsight app through invite in the Zoom:
Click Invite, this would send a meeting invitation to the Internal / External attendees.
Click View in the pop window of the invite. [For the invitee]
Click Add to add the Gainsight App for Zoom.
You will be redirected to the Authorization web page. Enter the Gainsight credentials to complete the authorization process to start using the Gainsight App in Zoom.
Access Gainsight App in Zoom
After installing Gainsight App, users must enable Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button toggle to start using the Gainsight App in Zoom.
To access Gainsight App in Zoom::
- Login to Zoom web application.
- In Zoom web > Settings > Zoom Apps tab, enable the Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button toggle.
- Start the Zoom meeting.
- Click Apps in the Zoom meeting window.
- In the My Apps tab, click Gainsight. You will see a message to sign in to Gainsight.
- Click Sign In and enter Gainsight credentials to start using the Gainsight App.
Uninstalling Gainsight App
To Uninstall Gainsight App from Zoom:
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage > Added Apps or search for Gainsight App.
- Click Remove. The Remove App window is displayed.
- Select a reason and click Remove.
The Gainsight app will be successfully UnInstalled.
Gainsight Application Pane Overview
The Gainsight App contains the following options and functionalities:.
Click the horizontal three dots icon for a list of actions you can take:
- Pop Out to separate the participants list from the meeting window.
Note: Merger to Meeting Window is to add the participants list back to the meeting window.
- Refresh App to manually check for the new data [new participants/new activities etc].
- Close for the Zoom ← → Gainsight integration to automatically pull in Zoom Cloud Recordings, chat logs, audio transcripts etc.
2. Search for Company/Relationship just as users do today in the Gainsight Application.
- In the Company/Relationship dropdown menu, select the Company or Relationship with which you want to associate the participants.
- Navigate to the Timeline tab to see the list of activities for a particular company/relationship selected, create activity, edit drafts, comment on any activity.
Note: For more information about Timeline in Zoom App, refer to the Timeline in Zoom App article.
- Navigate to the People tab to see the list of meeting attendees belonging to the selected company/relationship. This list includes the attendees who are not yet added as a person/company person in Gainsight. For more information about People in Zoom App, refer to the Add Participants as Person Records in Zoom App article.
- Click the refresh icon to update the list of attendees.
- Click Logout to come out of the Gainsight Application.
Note: Once logged out of Gainsight Application. Users will have to follow the Authorization steps above in order to log back in.
Manage Participants in People Tab
Eligibility to Login
- Login into the Gainsight app using the credentials assigned to the user.
- Full/Viewer/Viewer + licensed Gainsight users can see/use the Gainsight App section in Zoom.
Note: After successful login, Gainsight scans all the attendees and tries to match them with Gainsight Contact/Company persons.The app categorizes the meeting attendees into three categories:
- Participants: Gainsight product users - part of Company/Relationship
- Participants to be associated: Participants in this list are already associated with another Company/Relationship or exist as a Person record.
- Other Participants: These participants can be added as Person records.
IMPORTANT: To add a participant as a Person record, ensure that the Person section in C/R 360 is configured in the Gainsight application.
The participants who use the Gainsight application can:
- View the NPS® score and the last engagement date
- Add participants as Person [similar way it is been added via C/R 360 > People]
- Associate Company and Relationship with the attendees
IMPORTANT: When a participant logs out, the participant must ensure that all the Timeline notes are saved as drafts to avoid losing data.
Add Participants as Person Records
When a user logs in, the tenant config resolution key for creating contact/person record is set. In the People tab, meeting attendees belonging to the above selected company/relationship are listed. Attendees who are not yet added as a person/company person in Gainsight, they are also listed here, they can be added as person records and associated with any Company/Relationship listed in the meeting.
Note: When a participant changes the Company/Relationship from the list, the other participants’ associations status change.
To add a participant, you need to click the + icon beside the participant’s name, a dialog box is displayed.
- If the participant’s name already exists in the Gainsight database. You will be asked if you want to associate the same person with the company/relationship that you are associated with.
- If the participant is not in Gainsight, the app searches if there is an existing person before you add the participant as a new Person. You can add the participant if no Person Record is found for your search criteria.
- Participant’s name and email address are auto populated in the search dialog box.
- When all the mandatory details are filled, you can create a new person record.
- Each participant can be added separately.
IMPORTANT: If a participant logs in to the Zoom meeting as a guest which means login without providing an email address, the + add person option does not appear beside the name of the participant.