This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article guides Admins through the configurations available in the Notifications Settings page. Notifications can be triggered when CTAs and tasks are assigned to a user, Survey responses are received, and more. Using the Notifications feature, Admins can automatically enable their CSMs to follow the Companies and Relationships that they work with. This saves CSMs the manual work of following each customer individually from the C360 page, and helps them stay updated on their customers and new tasks.
In the Notifications Settings page, Admins can enable notifications for all internal users. Once the notifications are enabled, users have to manually enable/customize the notifications using the Notifications (Bell) icon in the Gainsight in-app. For more information on how users can subscribe and unsubscribe to notifications, refer to Setup User Notifications.
Configuring Auto-Subscription for Notifications
Admin can choose which user lookup fields from the company or relationship object to select, to determine the users who will automatically receive notifications.
To configure auto-subscription for Notifications:
- Navigate to Administration > Notifications Settings. The Notification Settings page is displayed.
- Click + in the Company section to select the desired user lookup in the Company object that you want to use for assigning automatic subscription. For example, you can select ‘Created By’ to send automatic notifications to the owner of that company.
- Click + in the Relationship section to select the desired user lookup in the Relationship object that you want to use for assigning automatic subscription. For example, you can select ‘CSM’ to send automatic notifications to the CSM of that relationship.
Note: You can only select a maximum of 5 user fields to be used in the company and relationship sections.
- Click SAVE.
Set Login Preference to Gainsight NXT to see Gainsight Notifications
Gainsight NXT in Salesforce CRMContent in this section supports Gainsight NXT accessing through Salesforce Login. To learn more about Gainsight NXT in Salesforce, click here.
Admins can set login preference to Gainsight NXT to see Gainsight Notifications received through an Email. This is applicable only to the Gainsight NXT customers connected through Salesforce Connector. Gainsight NXT can be accessed either through Direct Gainsight Login or Salesforce Login. Below are the two types of login preferences for Email notifications:
- Enable preferred Notification-NXT: When users click any hyperlink in the email notification, the system will redirect them to access Gainsight NXT through Direct NXT Login, where users need to enter their Gainsight login credentials to access the notification details inside the Gainsight application.
- Enable preferred Notification-SFDC: When users click any hyperlink in the email notification, the system will redirect them to access Gainsight NXT through Salesforce Login, where users need to enter their Salesforce login credentials to access the notification details inside the Gainsight application.
Gainsight email notifications notify users that a new CTA was assigned to them, they were mentioned in an Activity, a Success Plan was assigned to them, they received Survey Responses, etc.
For more information on how Admins can set email notifications preference, refer to Admin Settings for Preferred Notification.