This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how to configure the Company Hierarchy section in the C360 page. Company Hierarchy section displays the hierarchical parent child relationships between companies, as well as sibling relationships between child companies with the same parent. You can also view the rolled up values from child to parent. After reading this article, an admin can add fields to the Company Hierarchy section, apply parent Company relationship between two companies, and apply aggregation on Number, Currency, and Percentage data type fields.
Establish Parent Child Relationship Between Companies
You can establish a parent child relationship between two companies from the Data Operations page. You must know the GSID of the parent company to establish a parent child relationship between two companies.
To establish a parent child relationship:
- Navigate to the Data Operations page.
- From the Standard Objects drop-down menu, select the Company Object.
- Click the Edit icon for the company, you wish to make the child Company.
- In the Parent Company field, enter the GSID of the parent company.
- Click UPDATE.
Add Fields to Company Hierarchy Section
This section explains the process of adding fields to the Company Hierarchy section. Once you configure the parent child relation, you must add fields to the Company Hierarchy section. You can add fields from the Company object or the fields to which the company object has a lookup. The fields added here are displayed in the Company Hierarchy section on the C360 page.
To add fields to the Company Hierarchy section:
- Navigate to Administration > Company.
- Click the C360 LAYOUTS tab.
- Click the action icon for the required layout and click the Edit option.
- Drag and drop Company Hierarchy field from Available sections pane to Selected sections.
- Click the Configure icon for the Company Hierarchy section.
- Click + Field to add a field.
You can add all of the fields of the Company object and also the fields for which Company object has a lookup. The fields which have a lookup are displayed with a + symbol. You can click the + symbol to expand the list of fields from the looked up object.
- Click the required field.
- Click + Field to add more fields.
- Click SAVE, once you add all the required fields.
Configure Aggregation on Number Fields
This section explains the process of applying aggregation on Number Data type fields. You can view aggregate sum of ARRs generated from all child companies of a parent Company. You can also view which child company is generating the highest ARR value or MRR value amongst all the companies. Once you add all the required fields to the Company Hierarchy section, you can apply an aggregation method to Number Data type fields. When you apply aggregation, the values of child Company are rolled up to the parent Company.
To apply aggregation:
- Navigate to the Company Hierarchy section by following the steps mentioned in the above section.
- Click the Configure icon for Company Hierarchy section.
- Click the Configure icon for a Number data type field.
- Select the Enable roll-up check box.
- From the Aggregation type drop-down menu, select an aggregation type.
- Click SAVE.
In the example above, the MRR values are rolled up from child Companies to parent Companies. You can apply aggregation only on Number Data Type fields of the Company object and not to those Number Data Type fields to which the Company object has a lookup. You can also perform aggregation on Currency and Percentage Data Type fields.