Gainsight NXT - Articles Impacted due to July, 2023 Release
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Our documentation is being updated to match the new July 2023 release (v6.37) navigation changes. Technical Communication team is working diligently to align everything as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.
For more information about the latest UI changes, click here.
This tutorial explains how to build a report regarding a list of all CTAs associated with a specific Linked Object.
Admins must use the Cockpit Associated Record object to build a report that shows the list of all CTAs associated with Linked Objects. This object contains details of all the Linked Objects associated with a CTA.
Also, the linked object data is stored in a WhatID field. Users must resolve the Linked Object field to a specific Linked object in the WHO ID/WHAT ID fields. For more information on WHO ID and WHAT ID fields, refer to the Basic Operations in Data Management article.
Create a Report on Linked Objects
Here, we are using a linked object called Zendesk Tickets as an example for the purpose of this tutorial to build a report to get all CTAs that are associated with the Zendesk Tickets linked object.
To build a report to get the list of all CTAs associated with Zendesk Tickets Linked Object:
- Navigate to Administration > Report Builder. The Report Builder page appears.
- Click + REPORT to create a new report.
- Enter the name for the report being created. For example, Report on Linked Objects.
- Select the Cockpit Associated Record object from the source dropdown list.
- In the WHO ID/WHAT ID, resolve the Linked Object field to Zendesk Tickets object.
In the Show me section, click + to add the following details:
- CTA Name: Select Name from the CTA Lookup object.
- Select the required fields from Linked Object Lookup (Zendesk Tickets) object for the details to build a report, as per your requirement.
- (Optionally) Add filters, if required.
- Click RUN to display the CTAs which have any records linked from Zendesk Tickets linked object.