Gainsight NXT - Articles Impacted due to July, 2023 Release
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Our documentation is being updated to match the new July 2023 release (v6.37) navigation changes. Technical Communication team is working diligently to align everything as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.
For more information about the latest UI changes, click here.
This article helps admins to configure Load to Gainsight Object Action Type.
The Load To Gainsight Object action type of Rules Engine is useful to load data into Gainsight Custom objects.
Gainsight recommends reading the configuration of the Rules Details, Data Setup, and Schedule steps before reading this article. For more information, refer to the Create New Rule section of the Rules Engine Horizon Experience Overview article.
You must create the object with the correct fields in GDM and then map the fields in the Rule.
Configure Load to Gainsight Object Action Type
To configure Load To Gainsight Object type:
- In the Action Setup step, hover over the dataset. The Add Action icon appears.
- Click the Add Action icon.The Add Criteria slide-out panel appears.
- (Optional) Click Add Criteria to define a filter criteria for the dataset.
- Click Continue to navigate to the Add Actions step.
- From the Create Action drop-down list, select the Load to Gainsight Object action type. The Load to Gainsight Object slide-out appears.
- In the Load to Gainsight Object section, provide the following details:
- From the Object Name dropdown list, select an object to load the records.
- From the Operation dropdown list, select the type as required.
- Insert: It creates new records.
- Update: Updates the existing record as per the chosen identifier.
- Upsert: Updates any matching records and if no matching records are found, new records are created.
- For Upsert or Update operations,Include in the identifiers checkbox is displayed. Select at least one identifier for update and upsert operations.
- Admins can modify the data and re-upload it into a Gainsight Object to send data outside the Gainsight system. Use GSID as an identifier to update the fields that are modified from the source to target fields, through the Load to Gainsight action type.
- Enter the description for a rule action.
- Field Mapping : Enter the following details:
- From the Add Fields dropdown list, select the Source Field. The Select Fields slide-out panel appears.
- Select the required fields and then click Save. The selected fields appear on the Load to Gainsight object page.
- Map the Source fields with the Target Fields.
Note: In the Source Field to map different picklists, use Customize Mapping.
- Customize Mapping:
- From the Target Fields dropdown list, select any picklist that is different from the source field picklist. The Customize Mapping slide-out panel appears.
- From the dropdown, select the fields to be mapped.
- Click Done. The Customize Mapping is marked with a green check mark if the mapping is successful.
- Click Add and select the default value.
- Map the Source Field with the corresponding Target Field. Click Add in the Default Value drop-down to select the required option from the list.
Note: Select Custom to choose any particular date from the Default Value drop-down.
Click Save Actions. The action is saved successfully.