This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article is the first in a series of HubSpot Connector articles.
HubSpot offers a full stack of software for marketing, sales, and customer service, with a completely free CRM at its core.
HubSpot Connector from Gainsight allows Admins to establish an integration of HubSpot with Gainsight. This connector is located on the Connectors 2.0 page. Once HubSpot is integrated with Gainsight, data from HubSpot can be synced to Gainsight.
You can sync data from any object in HubSpot to Gainsight Standard or Custom objects.
Note: In the first version of HubSpot Connector, Gainsight allows you to sync data from the following HubSpot objects:
You can sync data from the HubSpot objects, Company, Contact, and Owner to Gainsight objects, Company, Company Person, and User respectively through Gainsight’s Out of the Box Job configurations. If you want to sync data from any other HubSpot object to a Gainsight object, you must configure a new custom job configuration.
Some common terms used in this document are listed below:
- Connection: A connection is an integration of a HubSpot Account with Gainsights.
- Authorization: The process of allowing Gainsight to access your HubSpot Account.
- Open Authorization (OAuth): The authorization protocol used to authorize Gainsight to access a HubSpot Account.
- Data Sync: The process of fetching data from the HubSpot database and ingesting it into the corresponding Gainsight object.
- Data sync jobs: A Data sync job is an activity which syncs data from a HubSpot Object to a Gainsight Object.
- Out of the box jobs: Default Data sync jobs which are created after authorizing a HubSpot Account are known as out of the box jobs. Gainsight creates three out of the box data sync jobs for the Gainsight objects, Company, User, and Company Person.
To setup the HubSpot connector, you must perform the following tasks: