IMPORTANT NOTE: Gainsight is upgrading Connectors 2.0 with Horizon Experience. This article applies to tenants which are yet to be upgraded to the Horizon Experience of Connectors 2.0. If you are using Connectors 2.0 with Horizon Experience, you can find the documentation here.
This article is the third in a series of Microsoft Dynamics 365 connector articles. Gainsight recommends you to first refer the initial articles and then proceed with this article.
This article explains how to authorize Gainsight NXT to access a Dynamics CRM instance. After reading this article, admins can perform the required setup to authorize Gainsight NXT with a Dynamics CRM instance.
After you establish a connection between Gainsight NXT and Dynamics CRM, you must authorize the connection. When you authorize Gainsight NXT with a Dynamics CRM instance:
- Gainsight has the required permissions to access your Dynamics CRM data.
- You can use Dynamics CRM data in Gainsight NXT modules like Rules Engine and Reporting.
Gainsight NXT uses the Open Authorization (OAuth) protocol to perform the Authorization.
IMPORTANT: Once you authorize a connection with a particular Dynamics CRM instance, you cannot re-authorize your connection with any other instance of Dynamics CRM.
This section describes the procedural steps involved in authorizing Gainsight NXT connection.
To authorize Gainsight NXT connection:
- Click the authorize Connection icon. The Microsoft Authorization window is displayed.
- Perform the following tasks:
- Enter your Dynamics CRM username in the Sign in field.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Dynamics CRM password in the Password field.
- Click Sign in. The permissions window is displayed.
- Scroll down and click Accept.
Once you authorize the connection, configure your connection with the following options as required:
- Create Job: You can use this option to create new data ingest jobs.
- Revoke Connection: You can use this option to revoke your connection to your Dynamics CRM instance. When you revoke your connection, Gainsight does not have permissions to access your Dynamics CRM instance and hence none data sync job can be executed.
- Re-authorize Connection: If you have changed the password of your Dynamics CRM instance, you can use this option to provide the new set of credentials.
Out of the Box Job
When you authorize the connection, a job is created automatically; User Sync job. This job imports data from the Dynamics CRM User entity and inserts it into the respective Gainsight objects. To view the Jobs, click the DATA JOBS tab.
To learn more about the Out of the box data sync jobs, refer to the Out of the Box job article. Apart from these out of the box data sync jobs, you can create and configure additional custom data sync jobs. To learn more about creating data sync jobs, refer to the Create Data Sync Job article.