Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
In this article, you learn about the Quick Insights feature in Gainsight Sally and how Admins can define insights which can be used for advanced querying in Sally. With Gainsight Sally, your company can access real-time customer insights sitting inside Gainsight org within Slack. The Quick Insights feature takes this ability further and makes rich Gainsight data easily accessible to Sally users.
The following diagram depicts the high level workflow of an Admin using the Quick Insights Feature.
Gainsight introduces the Quick Insights feature which helps users access more specific information by simply typing Quick Insight in the chat window as shown in the following images.
For more information, refer to the Quick Insights in Slack using Sally (For End-Users) article.
What is Quick Insights and why use them?
A Quick Insights is a powerful way of giving access rich data insights to the end users from Sally. It is essentially a report tailored to the presentation needs and constraints of Sally channels like Slack. Admins can configure reports as Quick Insights and end-users can use them from Sally for richer data access than possible today. For example, Show the list of high priority cases which were flagged at high risk. To bridge that gap, Gainsight introduces the Quick Insights feature which helps users access the specific information just by typing ‘Quick Insights’ in the chat window.
Quick Insights can be created by Admins from Administration > Sally > Quick Insights which is a standard insights builder interface to assist in creating insights. For detailed information, refer to the Create Quick Insights section in this article.
This feature is primarily intended for the following audience:
- Administrators who want to create insights with specific names and criteria, insight types, configure insights, tune insight performance etc. This helps administrators to make richer insights in Gainsight data available for their end-users.
- Sally in Slack end-users who want to easily access rich insights from Gainsight through Sally.
Create Quick Insights
Before going into the steps, let’s take a specific search item that users want to view in Slack through Gainsight Sally. The following sub-sections help you in understanding how you create and configure Quick Insights for your end-users to search information in Slack using Sally to work more effectively.
Create a Report
To create a Report that can be used in Quick Insights:
- Navigate to Administration > Report Builder > +REPORT.
- Configure the report as shown in the following image.
- Name the report as My Customers (example).
- Click the save icon on the top right corner.
To create an Insight:
- Navigate to Administration > Sally > Quick Insights > INSIGHTS tab > +INSIGHT.
- Specify the information as shown in the following image in the Insight Properties > Start by section.
- In the Insight Properties > Data Source Configuration section:
- Select the required Report Type.
Note: You can select the data source as MDA for the reports created on MDA objects, and SFDC for the reports created on SFDC objects.
- Select the required Report.
- Select the required Report Type.
Note: In the Select a Report dropdown list, you can see the list of reports created in the Report Builder page, by the Admins. The report you selected here can be seen in the Report Builder page, as shown below.
- Configure the report in the Quick Insight based on how you want your users to see the result (here it is a Table).
- Click SAVE.
Create a Quick Insights Type
To create a Quick Insights Type:
- Click +TYPE in the TYPES tab.
- Enter the Insight Type Name and Description in the New Insight Type dialog box.
- Click SAVE to proceed.
Note: For more information about how end-users use Quick Insights in Slack using Sally, refer to the Quick Insights in Slack using Sally (For End-Users) article.