This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how Admins can configure Sally users for Slack.
To access Gainsight Sally in Slack, Sally must be added to the Slack team. The members of the Slack team are then brought into Gainsight and given access permissions to Sally. After Sally is added to your Slack team, you can manage users (give/revoke access to users in Slack to Gainsight) and also provide access to users outside of your org.
For end-user instructions, refer to Use Gainsight Sally in Slack article.
You must be Gainsight admin to enable/setup users to Sally for Slack in Gainisght.
Configure Users to Sally
To add Sally to your Slack team:
- Navigate to Administration > Sally > Slack.
- Click Add to Slack. The Sign-in dialog appears.
Note: If you have already logged into a Slack team, this dialog displays the list of Slack teams at the top-right corner, and you can select a team to grant access.
Enter a team name and click Continue.
Note: A Slack team can be authorized in only one tenant (Gainsight Org). You cannot authorize a Slack team with more than one Gainsight org. For testing purposes, it is recommended to create a dummy Slack team and authorize it with Gainsight.
- Review the information and click Allow. If authorization is successful, a success message appears.
- After successful authorization, your team will be visible in the Administration > Sally screen.
Hover over your team’s name and the Admins can see the following three options:
- Manage Users - Click on this option to manage users in Gainsight. Users are navigated to the Administration > User Management screen.
- Re-authorize - Click on this option to re-authorize Gainsight Sally with your Slack team. This option is useful if a Slack Admin’s credentials are no longer valid, so a new Slack Admin can use this option to re-authorize Sally.
- Revoke - Click on this option to remove access to Gainsight Sally for your team.
- Click Manage Users. The User Management > Add User to Gainsght page is displayed in a new tab.
- From the Connection Type dropdown, select Slack workspace type.
- From the Connection dropdown, select the type of Slack workspace. The users are automatically loaded in the right panel.
- (Optional) Click Load Users. Users from the Slack workspace type who are not in Gainsight already are loaded.
- An Email/Slackbot notification is automatically sent to users who are having a Gainsight license when they click Load Users.
- While adding the users to Gainsight, only the users with Full and Viewer licenses can access Sally. Inactive and Internal Collaborator license type users cannot access Gainsight Sally. For more information about the new Gainsight license types, refer to the User License Management article.
- Select the checkbox adjacent to the users to move to specified Slack avatar.
Note: When you sync users from external systems, If more than one users are already added in Gainsight with the same email ID, Gainsight will display a Conflict button in the Status column. For more information on how to resolve a conflict, refer to the Gainsight User Management article.
- Click Confirm. Confirmation dialog box is displayed.
- Click Done. The selected users are added to the avatar list.
- Click Cancel. The User Management screen appears.
- Select an avatar of type Slack from the dropdown at the top left corner of the page.
- Select the required users to grant Sally access for specific Slack workspace.
- Click three dots and select Enable Sally Access. The Sally Enabled status of the selected user is changed to True.