Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
Admin Configuration for Company Object
This article explains about the functionalities in the Company Administration page. To view the Company Administration page, navigate to Administration > General > Company. In this page, you can configure the Company object related information. This page allows you to add fields, create C360 layouts, configure the Search Configuration, check for Dependencies, see Activity Log and Object Graph.
You can see the following tabs in this page:
The Company Fields section displays all the fields in the Company object. There are three types of fields in the object namely:
In this page, you can just view standard and system fields but you can create, view, and edit the custom fields. To know more about Company fields, refer the article Company Object.
Stage is used to define on which lifecycle stage a customer is currently in. Gainsight provides following predefined stnadard stages as shown in the image below:
- New Customer
- Kicked Off
- Will Churn
You can just view the standard stages but you can create new custom stages, edit and delete the existing stages. Stage category has the list of items and tied to the field, Stage in the Company object.
To add a new/custom stage:
- Click + STAGE.
- Stage Type - select a stage type, the options include
Company - the stages created in this context will be available only for the Companies.
Global - the stages created in this context will be available for all Accounts.
- Display Name - Provide a display name. This is the name that will be displayed to the end user.
- Short Name - This is automatically populated based on the Display Name. You can also edit the short name. The short name must be 15 characters or less.
- Active - Select either Active or Inactive. If you want to use this stage, select Active.
- Item Color - Select a color for the stage.
- Description - Provide a description for the custom stage.
- Click ADD.
Customer Status is a system defined field used to classify the status of the customer. You will not be able to add, remove, or edit selections in this list. Gainsight provides the following predefined customer status as shown in the image below:
In this tab, you can see two sections as shown below:
- Global Sections: You can create Global Sections and edit the existing Global Sections.
- Company Layouts: You can create new Layouts, edit the existing layouts, assign the layouts to accounts and users based on criteria such as Account Type or Industry, and User Role.
Gainsight provides a predefined 360 layout called Default Layout that is applied to all the customers by default. This layout cannot be deleted but it can be edited or cloned. In a default or custom layout, you can either add the existing Global section that you have created or a local section (and therefore different reports and related lists). For more information, refer <C360 Layouts>.
This tab is used to configure how the results from the Global search for companies should appear. You can also see the preview of the Company results in this tab. There is another provision to configure fields from the Company object as searchable in the Global Search. A maximum of 4 fields can be configured in this screen as searchable or visible in the search results. By default, Name field is searchable in the Company object.
To make a field searchable:
- Navigate to Administration > General > Company.
- Click the SEARCH CONFIGURATION tab.
- Click the arrow (->) button for the required fields under Available fields section. These fields are added to the Visible fields section.
- Turn the toggle switch to ON for the added fields. You can configure only few fields to make searchable.
- Click APPLY.
To add more information about SYNC OBJECT.
When the Company object and its fields are used in other product areas of Gainsight, you can see all dependencies of the Company object in this page as part of the object dependency tracking feature. For example, some fields from the Company object can be used to setup a rule or to generate a report or used in any data job to ingest data into the object. This helps to restrict the Gainsight Administrators from accidentally modifying or deleting the custom fields in the Company Object.
To check the dependencies of the Company object:
- Navigate to Administration > Company > DEPENDENCIES.
- Click any Company object dependency feature on the left pane. It’s corresponding rules or reports or data jobs are shown.
- Expand any rule or report or data job in the dependency feature to see all fields from the Company object used in this.
- If you click the arrow icon on the item, it navigates you to the feature that has a dependency on the Company object. It helps you remove the dependency on the fields from the feature and then to delete the custom fields in the Company object. Unless you remove all the dependencies of a custom field, you cannot delete the custom field from the Company object. Following image shows the sample dependency features of the Company object.
On this tab, you can view all the edits made to the Company Object. You can find details like the type of operation as Edit, the User who performed the operation and the Log Time (Modified date/time). Click Details in the Log Details column to see the exact modified details, from the Old value to New value columns, etc.
This tab displays the Object Graph of the Company object which shows the MDA Joins between the Company and other objects. You can get a pictorial representation of how two Gainsight Objects are linked to each other. This graph gives you a first hand knowledge of what exactly can happen if a record in the lookup object is deleted. This graph is automatically updated when a Company’s relationship with another Object is modified.
To learn more about Object graphs. refer Gainsight Data Management.