Version 4.15 release of Gainsight includes the following new features and updates:
- Cockpit Enhancements
- Sponsor Tracking
- Search in Customers and Engagement Tab
- Smart Aggregation in Usage Data
- Rules Engine Enhancements
- Survey Enhancements
- Reporting Enhancements
- Connector Enhancements
- Google Analytics Integration
- Data Science
A few key usability enhancements have been implemented in this version including:
- The ability to view corresponding Chatter feed in the 360 View
- The ability to view CTAs regardless of who the owner is.
To learn more about Cockpit, please see CTAs, Tasks, & Playbooks Overview.
You can now use Chatter collaboration on Calls to Action (CTAs) from Customer 360, Account and Opportunity Widget. All chatter collaboration on each CTA is linked to the corresponding account to give a holistic view of what is happening at an account.
Any chatter post made from the CTA detail view will by default include #Gainsight-Cockpit and #<CTA name> tags to help provide context to the CTA from which a post is being made. These tags can be manually deleted before making the post.
Since all chatter collaboration is moved to Account, feed tracking needs to be enabled on Account to be able to use this feature. All existing posts made on Calls to Action will be migrated to the corresponding account when this update is pushed.
If Account feed is not enabled then this migration will not happen automatically and you can access migrate the feed by following the below steps:
- Navigate to the following url https://jbcxm.na7.visual.force.com/a...rttransactions (Replace ‘na7’ in this url with the instance that you are in OR navigate to one of the Gainsight pages and replace the portion after apex with ‘/exporttransactions')
- Follow the instruction on the screen.
Export CTAs and Tasks
You will now be able to export all CTAs and Tasks from Cockpit as CSV files. The export will be based on the filter applied from advanced filters and client side filters (Filters on the strip like CTA Type, Severity, Owner etc...) will not be honored.
All the details visible in Cockpit along with fields added to the summary section from Account and/or customer info object will be included in the export. Chatter feed will not be included in the export. Files will be exported as comma separated values (.csv).
Selections made by the logged in user in Cockpit are remembered and the next time you come to the page, your previous selection is remembered and presented.
Sub tab selection including Advanced Filters (List and Calendar view) and date filters in operational reporting are preserved across sessions.
Client side filters including CTA Type, Reason, Owner, Sort Order and Grouping are remembered only within session.
Ability to differentiate System Generated vs Manual CTAs
CTA detail view now also includes the source from where a CTA is created.
- CTAs created from Rules Engine: Source = Rules
- CTA created from Survey Rules: Source = Survey
- Manually added CTAs: Source = Manual
- All existing CTAs: Source = Blank
Note: Once an existing CTA is updated, the appropriate Source value will be set based on the first medium via which this CTA will get updated. That is if an existing CTA gets updated manually then the source will be marked as Manual and if it gets updated the first time by Rule engine, it will be marked as Rule.
Replace Add CTA Button with Add Risk, Add Opportunity, Add Event
There is a new form to add CTAs manually, instead of having a single form called Create CTA, we will now have 3 forms one for each type of a CTA:
- Add Risk
- Add Opportunity
- Add Event
Error/Info/Confirmation Message Text Changes
All error messages in Cockpit have been improved and made more personalized.
Playbook Completion %
You can now view playbook completion % from the task detail view.
Improved Owner Drop down
Previously you could only select one active user from the Owner drop down. Now you will have the option to choose All Owners which will allow you to view CTAs across all owners including CTAs assigned to inactive Salesforce users.
Edit Task Description Inline
You can now edit task description inline from the task detail view similar to other task attributes.
Similar to Alerts, now email notifications will be sent to users whenever a CTA is created or its status is updated.
The top controllable indicator of future churn is "sponsor change." Since many product markets are competitive, when your sponsor leaves your customer, the new individual can easily cause the company to switch products. Many companies are not aware when their key advocates and sponsors leave. They would like to be notified when their sponsors leave or change roles, so they can take action and mitigate churn. Sponsor Tracking can help you get control of this! To learn more about Gainsight Sponsor Tracking, see Sponsor Tracking.
Search in Customers and Engagement Tab
Previously, the search function in the Engagement tab and Customers tab only worked for visible records (max. of 500). With v4.15 you will be able to search all of the data in the Customers and Engagement tabs.
The search and sort will be disabled for field types: textarea, ID and other non-filterable SFDC fields. You also will not be able to sort on measures in the Engagement tab.
Smart Aggregation in Usage Data
In v4.15 when Instance or User Leve usage data is loaded, we keep track of all the periods for which data is loaded. When the scheduled aggregation runs, the aggregation happens for all the periods in which data was loaded. Once the aggregation is complete, this list of periods becomes blank and the list is populated again during the next data load.
Rules Engine Enhancements
Allowing User-lookup fields from Customer Info when assigning CTA ownership from RuleEngine Custom and Engagement rules.
The following enhancements have been made to the Survey Module:
- Ability to omit contacts who responded to a previously denoted survey.
- Ability to load participants from a .csv file. You can upload a .csv file with Contact ID or without Contact ID. If Contact ID is available, a column mapping UI to mapped columns in the .csv file will be provided. If there is no Contact ID, you will have to choose a dummy account onto which the survey responses will be stored.
- Ability to Clone Publish from an existing survey.
Note: If you are using Marketo integration for Surveys, you will not be able to add participants via a CSV file.
The new report builder is aimed at consolidating all reporting activities within the Gainsight application in a single place. The salient features of the new report builder include the following:
- Ability to create new graphical and tabular reports on SFDC and MDA data from one place.
- Ability to create graphical and tabular reports on any SFDC object.
- Ability to create, run and design time filters.
- Ability to switch between graphical and tabular reports instantaneously.
- Ability to create reports on more than 2 data series and 2 categories.
- Ability to create reports using advanced visualizations such as bubble charts and scatter plots.
- Auto-aggregating data based on fields in the "By" section.
- Ability to configure aggregations based on the underlying data type.
- Ability to configure drill downs on a graphical report.
- Ability to sort and rank data in reports (this is only available for MDA data).
- Ability to create pivot tables (only available for reports created on MDA data).
Reports 2.0 will be available to Admins. The basic construct of the new report builder are the "Show Me" and "By" sections as shown. You can add any data you would like to visualize into the "Show Me" section. Any dimension that you would like to slice the data on can be added to the "By" section. For example, if you would like to see the MRR by Industry you would add "MRR" to the Show Me section and "Industry" to the By section.
To learn more about Reports 2.0, please reference this article.
The Data Load API configuration settings can be provided from the Integration page. Similar to Segment.IO and Mixpanel Integration, the following are the steps that can be performed:
- Generate Gainsight API Access token to use with Data load API
- Define multiple data load projects and map an existing subject area (MDA Data table) for each project.
- These subject areas can be defined from Tenant Management or Data loader. Currently it is not supported to define a new subject area from here.
- User can identify the Account, Date, User and Event fields. User and Event fields are optional.
- Provide mapping for SFDC Account or Contact fields to perform auto lookup.
- Users can provide the 15 or18 digit Account ID or Contact iD fields in their source data.
- Map to read account name, user name and user email from SFDC.
- Schedule to run the aggregation at a daily level.
- Customers can use the Rules Engine -> Load to Usage Data action to aggregate the same data to Week Level while loading to the SFDC Usage Data object.
Google Analytics Integration
Data Integration with Google Analytics is now supported with this release. Users can extract their Usage Data from an existing Google Analytics account and load to Gainsight Matrix Data Analytics platform.
For more information about setting up Google Analytics Integration, reference this article.
Customers typically have a lot of data about their customers. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out which metrics to include as part of a customer health score. Customers often have some inkling of what “healthy” metrics are, and want to use those metrics to create a normalized health score across all customers.
With the new Data Science Models feature in Gainsight, customers can generate a Smart Score for their customers based on one or more metrics. They can also gather additional insights about their customers from the data they choose to include in the model.
These data sets are available in the MDP and can be pushed into the Usage object or reported on directly from the new Report Builder.
Data Science models can be accessed from the admin screen by clicking on the “Data Science” button.
If you would like to learn more about Data Science integration, please contact email@example.com
Salesforce Components Introduced in Version 5.0
All the objects listed below already existed, only the fields below each object were introduced in 4.14
- Stats__c in ApplicationSettings__c.object
- Source__c in CTA__c.object
- AccountReference__c in UIViews__c.object
- BaseObject__c in UIViews__c.object
- GraphType__c in UIViews__c.object
- IsRB__c in UIViews__c.object