Please note that Renewal Center is available as an add-on to our Customer Success platform. For more information on how to license it, please contact your Gainsight account manager.
This article introduces Gainsight’s Renewal Center module. Renewal Center is Gainsight’s premier tool to help teams manage renewals effectively.
Renewal Center helps renewal teams to deeply analyze and accurately forecast their renewal business. Renewal Center enriches CRM data with a predictive customer health score to identify risky customers earlier, as well as avoid missed opportunities and forecasts.
Renewal Center is a one stop shop for all your renewal related exercises. Currently, CSMs and renewal teams need to manually forecast every renewal opportunity for each quarter. Since this process is manual, there is a high chance that a renewal which is at risk, could be detected very late in the quarter, diminishing the CSMs opportunity to apply retention strategies. With CSMs handling multiple renewals each quarter, it gets even more difficult to track each renewal, forecast churn, and take appropriate actions.
Renewal Center helps end users manage and forecast their book of business by enriching Salesforce Opportunities with Customer Success insights to efficiently manage renewal and related upsell opportunities, recognize risks in a timely fashion, and report on key metrics.
Renewal Center imports data from the Salesforce Opportunity object. An admin can then configure the field mappings and other parameters. Based on the field mappings and other settings configured, end users can view the Renewal Center page as shown below. The fields may vary based on the configurations set by your administrator.
Features and Benefits of Renewal Center
- Provides a centralized repository for all of your renewals and related insights.
- Recognizes timely risks and helps users efficiently manage renewal and upsell opportunities.
- Applies data science (DS) to provide you with advanced metrics like DS Forecast Amount, and DS Likelihood Score.
- Integrates with the Gainsight Scorecards module to provide health scores for each Company.
- Integrates with the Gainsight Timeline module for visibility into the customer’s recent activities.
- A Machine Learning algorithm assesses your customer data and produces a predictive renewal score.
- Provide easy-to-update views of upcoming renewals so managers and reps can input their forecast calls.
- View a centralized command center for renewal and expansion opportunities across your customer base.
- Highlight potential missed opportunities and opportunities that are out-of-compliance.
- Opportunity records synchronized with the opportunities in Salesforce.
- Report and analyze key retention metrics and analyze by segment and other customer attributes.
- Get a graphical view of your performance in current quarter by viewing the Renewal Waterfall chart.
- View and edit Scorecard and Timeline data for a Company from within Renewal Center
How Renewal Center Works
The process of configuring and using Renewal Center consists of two steps which must be performed by the admin. The high level workflow diagram is presented below.
- Configure Renewal Center (RC) Opportunity Object: You must configure all of the fields in the RC Opportunity object, which would be required to save RC Opportunity data back to your Salesforce Opportunity. Data type of RC Opportunity must be the same as Salesforce Opportunity. You can configure a single item in Drop-down list fields. The rest of the items are automatically synchronized when you execute Data sync jobs. To learn more about creating objects, refer to the Create a Gainsight Object manually section of the Gainsight Data management article.
- Configure Salesforce Connector: This is the primary task of the Gainsight Admin. This task fetches data from Salesforce to Gainsight.
- Configure Dashboard, Forecast, and Renewal Filter: This task is performed on the Renewal Center admin configuration page. Admins must set up the Opportunity Type mapping, configure the Forecast Table and Detail View, and filters.
Once the admin completes the configuration, end users can start using the Renewal Center.
Limitations of Renewal Center
We are continuing to invest heavily in Renewal Center and look forward to your feedback to help us prioritize enhancements. The below are limitations we assume customers will want to be aware of up front. Please let us know if any of these limitations (or others) impact you and we will work to prioritize them. You can share feedback via community.gainsight.com.
Requires SFDC Opportunity:
- Required data fields must be present in the SFDC Opportunity.
- Opportunities are ingested hourly. Updates back to SFDC are immediate.
- Enabling Opportunity creation in GS (without requiring SFDC) is on roadmap.
- Renewal Likelihood score is out of the box and not configurable.
- Forecasting is performed at the Opportunity level and not on the opportunity product line item.
- Timeline, Scorecard is shown for Company associated with Opportunity. A view by Relationships is also not yet supported.
- Trended reporting is not yet available in the Analyze tab, but reports and dashboards can be created off the RM Opportunity object
- Calculations are performed based on Opportunity records that exists. Customers who want to include multi-year deals on their anniversaries must create opportunities during these in-between years.