This article explains how to configure Knowledge Center Bot in Gainsight PX.
Knowledge Center Bot is an onboarding assistant that guides users in learning your product. The Bot contains links to engagements and external URLs in order to effectively onboard new users as well as educate existing users. The goal of the knowledge center bot is to allow users to see the list of all engagements in one place for quick and easy reference. This improves your customer satisfaction by increasing accessibility to in-app experiences.
The In-App engagements must be created by enabling the Triggered By > Knowledge Center or Automatic & Knowledge Center option, to be able to use those Engagements in a new KC Bot.
Create Knowledge Center Bot
You can create a Knowledge Center Bot by configuring the following steps:
Create one or multiple Knowledge Center Bots and add audience segmentation for each Bot to facilitate a unique Knowledge Center experience for each Audience. Bot Audience can be defined based on user role or account segment or Global Context. You can create multiple KC Bots within the same product (or clone from the existing Bot) for each Audience.
To configure the audience for KC Bot:
- Log in to Gainsight PX.
- Navigate to Knowledge Center Bot on the left pane. The list view of KC Bots is displayed.
Note: To clone an existing Bot, click the Clone icon for the corresponding Bot.
- Click the Create button on the Knowledge Center page.
- On the pop-up window, provide the name and description of the Bot and select the product for which you need to launch the Bot. Click Create.
Note: You can create multiple KC Bots by clicking the Create button.
- Configure the Audience for the Bot by setting the following rules and click Save.
- Users: Select the users by using different filters such as email, job title and so on.
- Accounts: Select the required account from your list of accounts.
- Global Context: Select the Global Context based on the data you need to collect. You need to set Global Contexts prior to creating Bots. For more information on Global context, refer to the Use Global Context article from the Additional Resources section.
- Device: Include or exclude devices to filter your target audience.
The overall Audience logic can be AND or OR. You can also select the rule logic between each filter criteria of Users, Accounts and Global Context.
Note: If an audience is qualified to view multiple KC Bots within the same product, then the Bot with the highest priority (P1) is visible to the users. If you wish to change the priority of the Bots, click the Priority field of the Bot, rearrange the order of Bots in the list and click Apply. The Bot on top of the list has the highest priority (P1).
If engagements are created and linked to the knowledge center bot, the Content page displays as below.
A list of all engagements is displayed on the content page, regardless of the engagement status.
You can organize the view of Engagements in KC Bot in three steps:
You can create categories to group upcoming planned engagements by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to the Content page.
- Click on the manage categories icon.
The Categories window is displayed.
- Click Create to create a new category.
- Enter the Category Name and provide its brief description under Category Subtitle.
- Click Add.
The category is created.
- Click Close. The Categories that you created appears in the drop-down under the Category column.
Once you have created the in-app engagements you can simply add them under the created category from the drop-down list under the Category column.
You can also group the in-app engagements under a specific category by creating a name directly in the Category column.
For Example, if you have engagements related to analytics, create a category with the name Product Analytics and then you can group all the engagements which come under Analytics. The Categories that you created appear in the drop-down and the Onboarding tab.
If you want to launch the Knowledge Center Bot to a specific audience, you can give a label to engagements under the Category column. For Example, New Users, Existing Users, etc. For more information about how to organize engagements, refer to the Organize Engagements best practices article from the Additional Resources section.
If you own a knowledge center base of support articles and want to track the most relevant/least relevant search terms and docs, you can place a custom event script to track and run the Query Builder. A property can be the title of the article.
Add Engagements to Category
Select the Add checkbox of the required engagement to add it to the category.
Set the order of Categories
If you have created multiple categories and added Engagements to the categories, you can set the order simply by dragging and dropping the Categories as required. The categories of Engagements are displayed in the same order in the KC bot as you set.
Note: To test the Guide Engagement on a specific page before launching the Bot, enter the test URL in the Guide Activation URL field. For example, if you want to trigger a Guide on http://example.com/b URL and you are on http://example.com/a URL, Gainsight PX will first navigate you to Guide Activation URL http://example.com/b and show you the Guide there.
You can use the PX Knowledge Center (KC) Bot to display content from an external knowledge base. Apart from integrating with external Knowledge bases, you can also directly add URLs for your knowledge center documents to the PX KC Bot. After adding the article URLs, you can create categories and group your articles in categories.
If you have important documents like EBR decks or best practices that cannot be published to the knowledge base, you can add the documents to the KC Bot directly.
You can choose to either add content directly in the KC Bot or add a hyperlink of your article to the KC Bot.
Gainsight PX allows you to create an article in a Knowledge Center Bot and add the same article to other bots within the same product. This eliminates the need to create duplicate articles in case you maintain multiple bots.
To add articles to the KC Bot:
- Navigate to the Content page.
- Select the Articles tab.
- Click Create. The Create Article window is displayed.
- Provide the following details:
- Name: Enter a name for your article. This name helps you identify your article.
- Title: Enter a title for your article. This can be the same as the Name.
- (Optional) Body: Paste the content of your article. You can either add all the content to the body section and not include any URLs, or add some content in the Body section and redirect users to your URL for more info.
- (Optional) Link: Add the URL of your article.
- Click Create. You can see the new articles in the articles list view.
Content added in the Body section is displayed within the Bot, and content present in the hyperlinked article is displayed in a new tab. If you wish to display the content present in the hyperlink within the Bot, use Integrations instead.
Select the Add checkbox in the list view of the article. This adds the article to the Bot. The following image shows an article (Shared Article) created in Knowledge Center Bot 1. The article is seen in the list of available articles in the Knowledge Center Bot 2.
You can also link articles from your Knowledge Base and add them to the KC Bot.
To link the articles:
- Navigate to the Content page.
- Click on the Link tab.
- On the Link Articles window, enter the keywords to search the required article(s).
- Click the Add to List button to select the article(s).
- Click Done. The selected articles are added to the articles list.
- Select the Add checkbox next to the article in the list view. The article is added to the bot.
Customize KC Bot using Editor
You can customize the look and feel of your KC Bot by using the options in the following tabs in Editor:
Onboarding Tab Settings
Onboarding Tab Settings can help you format the title, hover, category icon and the progress bar options for the Onboarding tab in KC Bot.
The following are the available options:
The Title section allows you to modify the name of the tab.
The Onboarding Tab checkbox helps to make the Onboarding Tab visible on your KC Bot.
You can also format the Stripe Color, Background and Arrow Color, that appears when you hover the mouse over the content in your KC Bot, from the Hover section.
Select the Enable checkbox from the Category Icon, Engagements Type Icon, and Engagements Progress Icon section to make them visible on your KC Bot. You can also format the icon colors as required.
The Progress Bar shows how far the end-user has progressed in the completion level of engagements and other resources added in the Bot.
Prerequisite: It is mandatory to have one or more engagements/articles NOT included in any bot category in order for the progress bar to show up.
Select the Enable checkbox from the Progress Bar section to make the progress bar visible on your KC Bot. You can format the background and fill color and set the height of the progress bar. You can set the Indicator Type as Count or Percentage.
The engagements and articles that are not included in any category are grouped under Section-1. The progress bar indicates the progress of only those engagements or articles in Section-1 of the KC Bot.
You can edit the title of section-1 and section-2.
Alert Badge indicates the number of newly added resources (for instance, new releases information or new engagements) in the Bot. This badge prompts the user to click on the Bot to check out the new resources added in the Bot. You can format the background color, border color of the badge, and the text in the badge.
Note: The Progress Bar needs to be enabled to make the Alert Badge visible.
Bot Tab Settings
In the Bot settings tab, you can format the header background color, tab stripe color, and the color of the tab title. The Content section allows you to format the Font Style, font color, and background color of the KC Bot window.
Use the Tabs settings in the Bot tab to select an icon to represent each tab and format the tab color, and set the order of the appearance of tabs in your knowledge center bot.
Note: If you are using a single tab, you can hide the tab style display by selecting the Hide single tab checkbox.
Using the settings on this tab, you can also select the icon style color or background color for the Bot Badge and Close Badge. The Badge is the icon that appears on the target application page and allows user to access the Knowledge Center Bot.
Select the desired Bot icon for the bot badge and modify the size of the badge as per your preference. By default, the size of the bot badge is set to 40 px.
To add a customized bot icon, select the Use Image URL checkbox and enter the image URL and click OK. You also have the option to allow users to drag and drop the bot icon across the screen. Select the Draggable checkbox to make the bot badge movable along with the KC Bot window.
Enter text in the Speech Bubble field, to help your end-users understand the purpose of the widget. You can format the font style, font size, font color, and the background color for the speech bubble.
Modify Title, Size, and Position of Bot
You can modify the position, height, and width of the Bot to suit your needs.
- The Position section allows you to place the bot to the left or right of the screen and set the Bottom Offset value. As you increase the Bottom Offset value, the bot moves towards the top of your screen.
- The Height section allows you to modify the height of your KC Bot window. By default, the height is set to 500 px. The maximum height limit allowed is 999 px.
- The Width section allows you to modify the width of your KC Bot window. By default, the width is set to 400px. The maximum width limit allowed is 1000px.
The bot is UI responsive; the size of the bot changes automatically based on the size of your browser. Ensure that the Bottom Offset field in the Position section is set to 100 px.
In this section, you can configure the URLs on which you want to display the bot. You can use wildcards to select the pages on which you wish to include or exclude the bot. (just like URL rules in the Engagements section).
Include URLs: Provide the URL to display the Bot.
Exclude URLs: If you wish to display the bot on all pages, but exclude only from one page of the app, then add that URL in e URLs. The bot is not displayed only on the excluded URL. You can also add multiple rules in Include and Exclude sections to include or exclude multiple pages.
If you enter Everywhere, either in Include URLs or Exclude URLs, then the bot is either displayed or not displayed on any of the pages, respectively.
The Include URL field is case sensitive.
Feedback Tab Settings
Enable the Feedback checkbox, so that you can allow users to provide their feedback.
- Select the Feedback checkbox. A new tab called Your Feedback appears on the bot.
- Click the Your Feedback icon on the bot.
If the above configuration is done, users can select the feedback category from the Select category dropdown list, and submit their feedback from the below category list:
- Feature Request
- General Feedback
For more information about Feedback Analytics, refer to the Gainsight PX User Feedback API article from the Additional Resources section.
Articles Search Tab Settings
Gainsight PX is integrated with the knowledge base of external products so that users can search for your product documentation resources from PX KC Bot.
Using the Articles Search Tab settings, you can configure the Articles search Tab of KC Bot. Doc Search Enabled option helps you select the required external knowledge base.
Select the audience option for the article’s visibility from the Select Accessibility dropdown list. The access permissions are different for each product.
The Search Term helps you find the articles relevant to the terms you enter and present the search result as an initial list of articles that are saved for the user. The user views this list of articles on the KC Bot by default. The user can also customize the Search Terms to view a different list of articles.
User has the following options:
- Set default search terms to None.
- Configure Search Term so that a default set of terms is always used to show the initial list of articles to display in the KC Bot.
- Allow PX to take the current URL that the user is on, break it up, and send those as the search terms.
To configure Search Term:
- On the Articles Search tab, select the required Knowledge Base from the Docs Search Enabled list.
- From the Default Search drop-down list, select Search Term.
- Enter the required search term. The articles relevant to the search term are displayed on the KC Bot.
Integrate your Knowledge Base with the KC Bot
For more information on how to set up an integration, refer to the given articles from the Additional Resources section.
- HelpDocs integration
- MindTouch integration
- Zendesk integration
- Salesforce integration
- Bloomfire Integration
Launch the Bot
To launch the Bot:
- Select the Environment(s) to which you wish to launch the Bot.
- Click Save.
- Click Launch.
The bot is launched on the target product URL.
For more information on frequently asked questions, refer to the Knowledge Center Bot FAQs article from the Additional Resources section.