This article explains the Admin Console.
Admin console is a one-stop location where administrators can monitor events such as the SDK runtime issues, status of engagements, and integration jobs in the Gainsight PX workspace. The console allows an admin to analyze the possible issues in an easy and scalable manner.
Admin console provides the following monitoring options:
- Engagement Monitoring
- Integration Sync Monitoring
- Webhook Monitoring
- Engagement Collisions
The Engagement Monitoring section helps you analyze the errors in the failed engagements. You can drill down each engagement, view the error list, and group them by error or browser details to achieve a detailed analysis. With further drill down, you can view the user details and their recent activity that caused the particular error. This helps in root cause analysis and error fixing.
Integration Sync Monitoring
The Integration Sync Monitoring helps to monitor the status of integration jobs such as data sync with the integrated applications, the error details if any, and the number of records processed.
When a Webhook event call is triggered, Gainsight PX captures and stores the Webhook information and tracking logs (errors). This information helps you analyze and understand the occurrence of each event.
Navigate to the Webhook Monitoring tab on the Admin Console to view and analyze the Webhook call information such as the Success Count, Failure Count and date and time when the event occurred. From the Webhook Monitoring section, Gainsight PX allows you to:
- Filter the Webhook calls by Product, Channel, Environment, Timeframe or Date range.
- Drill down each Webhook event and view the error list by Event or Error from the Group By drop down.
- Drill down the event/error further to view the error information and event request payload. You can navigate to Webhook configuration or copy the payload.
When a user qualifies to view one or more engagements, Gainsight PX checks the priority rules and shows the engagement based on the priority set. The application records such events in the Admin Console to help you track the conflicted prioritized engagements.
The Engagement Collisions tab allows you to view the list of qualified engagements and the following details:
- Name of the qualified engagement. Click on the engagement to navigate to the details screen.
- Name of the engagement(s) that conflicted (other qualified engagement(s)).
- User who viewed the qualified engagement.