This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how users can share Emails from Timeline using Email Assist.
Users can share Timeline activity as an email. Users can achieve this by using Share via Email option, which is available for all activity types on the Timeline page.
Note: Separate Emails cannot be sent from the Timeline using the GS Assist feature.
Business Use Case: As a CSM, I may want to share the details of a QBR meeting with my customer directly from the Timeline page. By using the Share via Email option, I can send the info quickly without having to craft a separate summary of the conversation.
Share Email from Timeline
To access the Share via Email option, take the following steps:
- Navigate to the Timeline tab.
- Expand the activity entry that you wish to send.
- Click the kebab icon and select the Share via email option. The Send Email dialog appears.
Note: This option is only enabled when the activity is expanded.
Review the Send Email dialogue. The following information is auto-filled from the Timeline activity as a template:
- Internal/External recipients in the TO and CC fields. If the attendee’s information is not available, users can add the participants in the TO/CC fields. For more information on Internal and External attendees, refer to Timeline FAQs in the Additional Resources section.
- Name of the Timeline activity as the Subject of the Email.
- Activity details in the Body of the email composer.
- Attachments in the activity, if any, are also attached to the email.
- Emails sent from Timeline can support up to 20 attachments.
- The size of all the combined attached files must be less than 20MB.
- The size of each attachment uploaded from the compose window must be less than 2MB.
- There is no restriction on the file size of each attachment from Timeline, but the combined file size must be less than 20MB.
- Add or edit information in the email composer based on your requirements.
- (Optional) Click the Remove External Attendees option in the email composer to remove the list of external attendees automatically from the TO field.
(Optional) Check the Add Reply-To in Bcc checkbox to automatically add the email id of the sender to the BCC field in the email composer. By default, this checkbox is not selected.
Click the SEND EMAIL option.
Note: An activity can be shared multiple times, and if the recipient is the same, a new entry is created in the email stats.
After a Timeline activity has been shared through email, the activity displays the following Email Stats icon:
Stats for Sent Emails from Timeline
To view the stats of a Timeline activity email, click the activity’s Email Stats icon. The Email Stats screen appears with the following sections:
- Sent Emails: This list displays an entry for every instance the activity has been sent as an email. Each entry displays the Sender and the date and time sent. Click each entry to display the email’s Recipient List, Email Stats, and Email Body.
- Sent Email List Sort: By default, the list is arranged in descending order by latest sent. Click the arrow icon to reverse the list order.
- To: This is the recipient list, to which activity is shared as an email.
- Email Stats: The following stats are displayed for the selected timeline activity email:
- First Opened On: The date the email was first opened.
- Last Opened On: The date the email was last opened.
- Opens: The total number of times the email has been opened.
- Hard Bounced: The number of times the email message was returned to the sender because the recipient's address is invalid.
- Soft Bounced: The number of times the email message failed to send because it was temporarily denied by the recipients’ email servers. Click the number displayed here to see a list of recipients that experienced the Soft Bounce. You can then trigger a resend of the email. For more information on triggering this, refer to Resend Emails.
- Email Body: This section contains the complete details of the email body available in the activity, including internal/external attendees and email attachments.
In the Email Stats section, users can click the NUMBER for soft bounced emails to display a list of bounced messages. They can resend the bounced email to each of the email IDs, if required.
To resend the email:
- In the Email Stats section, click the number under the Soft Bounced categories. The Bounced Emails section appears.
- Select the checkbox for the email id that requires the email resend.
- Click Resend.