This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This tutorial explains admins about how to build reports on which templates have been applied in Success Plans.
Admins must use the Cockpit Associated Record object to build a report that shows which templates have been applied in Success Plans. This object contains details of all the Success Plans templates.
Also, the template data is stored in a WhatID field. Users must resolve the Linked Object field to an object called Cockpit Template in the WHO ID/WHAT ID fields. For more information on WHO ID and WHAT ID fields, refer to the Basic Operations in Data Management article.
Create a Report on Success Plan Templates
To build a report that identifies the templates that have been applied to Success Plans:
- Navigate to Administration > Report Builder. The Report Builder page appears.
- Click + REPORT to create a new report.
- Enter the name for the report being created. For example, Report on SP Templates.
- Select the Cockpit Associated Record object from the source dropdown list.
- In the WHO ID/WHAT ID, resolve the Linked Object field to Cockpit Template object.
In the Show me section, click + to add the following details:
- Success Plan Name: Select Name from the Success Plan Lookup object.
- Template Name: Select Name from the Cockpit Template Lookup object and rename it to Template Name using the Settings icon.
- (Optionally) Add filters, if required.
- Click RUN to get the records on which templates have been applied to Success Plans.