This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how CSMs can track sponsors from the C360/R360 pages. After reading this article, CSMs can execute the process of associating a Gainsight Person(s) to their respective LinkedIn profile(s). Furthermore, CSMs also learn the process of manually searching for a LinkedIn profile, when there are no matching profiles for a Person record.
For more information on the Sponsor Tracking feature in Gainsight, refer Sponsor Tracking Overview.
To track a Sponsor from the C360/R360 page:
- Navigate to the C360/R360 page of the required Company.
- Navigate to the Sponsor Tracking section from the left pane.
- Click + SPONSOR. The Track Contacts page appears.
- Click the Track icon for the required contact from the Action column. Gainsight searches the matching profile(s) based on the fields selected in the Social Profile Mapping section.
Note: The contact records displayed in Track Contacts page are displayed from the Person section. If a Person record does not exist, the contact record for that Person is not displayed on the Track Contacts page.
- If no matching profile is found, enter the LinkedIn URL of the required contact and click SEARCH.
If you did not find the right contact match, you can enter the URL again to perform search or click the Click Here hyperlink to set the status of the Contact as Pending. When a matching LinkedIn record is found for Pending Contacts, the application prompts you to select the matching profile.
Following are the limitations in using LinkedIn URL:
- Special characters in the public URL: you can claim a URL with LinkedIn. If a user puts special characters in it, you will not be able to track them.
- URL Should not have the prefix, either "https://linkedin"; or https://in.linkedin: use the public URL found on the contacts profile (not a google search redirect link).
- The contact's LinkedIn URL can not be pasted sometimes as the LinkedIn profile could be private or a premium. This contact cannot be tracked.
- To stop tracking a Pending Contact, click the Pending hyperlink.
- Click Untrack.
- If you find a matching profile for the contact, click the widget in the Sponsor Tracking page to start tracking the contact. The selected contact is not displayed in Track Contacts page. The Sponsor Tracking page has a widget for this contact instead.
- (Optional) Click UNLINK, to remove the widget and stop tracking the contact.
- If you delete any Person (Contact) details in association to a Company, you cannot track the Person. The Person details are not displayed on the Track Contacts page. If the Person is already being tracked, you can see a message on the Sponsor card that the Contact has been deleted. Click DELETE FROM HERE, to delete the Sponsor record.
- If the LinkedIn profile of the sponsor (contact) being tracked is no longer available, changed to private mode, or inactive/closed, you can delete the sponsor from the Sponsor Tracking page.