This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains the various sections and the display options available in the Customer 360 page.
The Customer 360 (C360) is a central hub of your customer’s business information in Gainsight. It consolidates business data from various sources and provides you with a holistic view of your customers. This minimizes the preparation time for your customer meetings.
The Customer 360 page has two tabs:
- Detail: This page gives CSMs/AMs a 360-degree view of your customers in one place - from usage to sentiment to the executive relationship.
- Timeline: This tab displays all the logged in activities and drafts specific to the Company and the Relationships associated with it.
Navigation to the Customer 360 Page
You can navigate to the Customer 360 page by searching a company in the Global search box or by clicking the company name hyperlink from anywhere within Gainsight such as the CTA List View.
Customer 360 from Global Search Box
The following image displays how to navigate to Customer 360 page from Global Search Box.
Customer 360 from CTA List View
The following image displays how to navigate to the Customer 360 page from the CTA List View.
The following C360 feature is only applicable to orgs that have the Salesforce Connector enabled.
Gainsight NXT in Salesforce CRMContent in this section supports Gainsight NXT accessing through Salesforce Login. To learn more about Gainsight NXT in Salesforce, click here.
- Click here to expand for more information on how to Access SFDC pages directly from C360.
For orgs with the Salesforce Connector enabled, the C360 pages have a kebab menu with options to directly navigate to the Company’s associated Account, Opportunity, or Contact pages in SFDC.
Note: These menu options are only available for Company records successfully synced to SFDC. For more information on connecting Salesforce to Gainsight, refer to the Salesforce Connector Overview article.
Customer 360 Detail View
This section explains the various options on the Customer 360 detail page and different Customer 360 sections typically included in the Detail page.
Customer 360 Display Options
You can see the following options on the Customer 360 detail page:
- Customer Name: The Customer Name is displayed in this field.
- Status: The Customer Status is displayed here.
- Scrolling: Switching ON the toggle button allows you to scroll through the sections in the 360 detail view. Switching OFF the toggle button disables scrolling. You can click the section names on the left instead to navigate to the specific section in the C360 detail view.
- Share 360: Clicking Share 360 navigates you to the Share 360 page. The Share 360 page allows you to share customer information (in read-only mode) with non Gainsight users. For more information about Share 360, refer to the Share 360 (For CSMs) article.
- Follow: Clicking +Follow keeps you posted on updates related to this customer. For example, if a CTA is raised, if an activity is logged, you (CSM) receive a notification via email and/or in-app notifications.
Note: If you follow a customer, you receive notifications related to the customer but not the relationship.
- Search Menu: This allows you to search a section by its name.
- Tile: Click a tile (or scroll) to navigate a section within the 360 view.
Customer 360 Sections
Following are the Customer 360 sections available in the detail page.
In the summary section, you can see current contract values and important dates and data, which typically include:
- Status: field that displays the status of a company, Active or Inactive or Churn.
- Industry: field that displays the industry to which a specific company belongs to.
- Stage: field used to track the stage of a company such as Launched, Adopting, Will Churn, etc.
CSMs can see a maximum of 6 fields/widgets on the left pane and 6 fields on the right pane in the Summary section of the C360 detail view. A widget displays information in a graphical format. As configured by admins, widgets display critical parameters of customers, important for your organization. Gainsight provides you with four default widgets as configured by Admins, Health Score, Open CTAs, Active Success Plans and NPS®. Admins can add custom widgets to the WIDGETS tab. A custom widget is defined by creating a widget report on the Gainsight object from the Report Builder page. For more information on widgets, refer to the Types of Widgets article.
For example, you may see the following fields in the right pane of the Summary section as configured by Admins:
- Original Cont. Date
- Renewal Date
- Lifetime in Months
- ARR or MRR
- NPS® Score - depending on the configuration of this section within the C360 layout, this score might be displayed as an average of all responses to the survey, or the 'actual/true' NPS® score that has not been calculated as an average.
View Widget Reports created on Salesforce Objects
Gainsight NXT in Salesforce CRMContent in this section supports Gainsight NXT accessing through Salesforce Login. To learn more about Gainsight NXT in Salesforce, click here.
- Click here to expand for more information on how to view Widget reports created on Salesforce Objects
If a Salesforce connection is established in your org, using Salesforce Connector, you can see Widget reports created on the Salesforce objects as configured by your Admin.
In the Scorecard section, you can track customer health over time from qualitative (e.g. relationship) and quantitative (for example, usage) metrics to quickly prioritize engagement and boost revenue.
You can perform the following actions from Scorecard section in the C360 view:
- Apply Scorecard:
- Click the Settings (Gear) icon to select other scorecards.
- Select a scorecard from the Change to dropdown list, if you wish to change the scorecard.
Note: You can see multiple scorecards in the Change to dropdown list, based on the scorecard configuration. Changing a scorecard for a company leads to recalculation of the health score. Gainsight recommends you to reach out to your admin before changing the scorecard for a company.
- Click APPLY to apply the selected scorecard.
- Change Views: You can click to switch between the following views for the Scorecards section:
- Summary View: This view is designed to give a high level overview of the customer scorecard. It displays the date the score was last modified, the contribution percentage of each Measure to the Measure Group, and the contribution percentage of each Measure Group to the Overall Score.
- List View: This view is designed to display more details regarding the customer scorecard including scorecard history and comments.
- Collapse all groups: If there are multiple measure groups in a Scorecard, select the Collapse all groups checkbox to collapse all the groups, and uncheck the checkbox to expand all the groups.
Note: The Collapse all groups checkbox is only available for the List View.
For more information on components of the Scorecard section on the C360/R360 pages, refer to the View and Update Scorecards in 360 article.
The Attributes section allows you to see data in a record from the Company object. You can see fields from the Company object that have been added by the admin in the Attributes section configuration. You can also perform inline edits to the attributes in this section by clicking the edit icon next to a field. You cannot make inline edits to the non-editable fields as configured by the admin.
Limitation: Gainsight does not support pasting text from text editors such as the Notepad and Notepad++ into the Attributes section. Text that is added this way is saved, but the formatting is removed.
In the Cockpit section, you can see all your Calls to Actions (CTAs) for a company which could be a combination of Events, Opportunities and/or Risks. You can view open and closed CTAs in this page. These CTAs can be added manually or can be triggered as configured in the business rules to warn of issues or flag opportunities. For more information on how to manage Cockpit, refer to the Use Cockpit to Manage Daily Routine article.
Person section in C360 is used to view the list of people associated with a company. In the Person section, you can view records of people you interact with, while working with a particular company. Person records include name, phone, email, social media profiles, and company. CSMs can search, filter, add, edit and delete a person record from the person section. You can also see the list of other companies or relationships, a person is associated with.
For more information on how CSMs use Person section in C360, refer to the Person Section in C360 article.
Person section in C360 looks similar to the following image.
Usage section in C360 helps CSMs view the usage data associated with a company/person, in a Layout as defined in an Adoption Explorer project.
You can perform the following actions in the Usage Section on the C360 page:
- Select the required Layout from the Layouts dropdown list (Company/Person).
- Select the required Instance from the Instance dropdown list.
- Select the required Person from the Person dropdown list, if a Person Layout is selected.
- Apply the Date Range filters.
- Hide or Show Legends.
- Change the Themes.
After you apply the required filters, the data is shown in a Default View. However, you can change the chart type by clicking the three dots > Other Charts. You can also select the Default View again, if you wish to.
For example, from the above Adoption Explorer layout, you can get the following details on the C360 page, from each of the usage sections: Company ID, Company Name, ARR, Sum of Licensed Seats, Sum of Used Licensed Seats, Page View Data, and Segment in which the selected measure falls. Similarly, you can view the usage data of your companies on the C360 page as per your requirement. To configure the Usage Layouts and Usage Sections in an Adoption Explorer project, as per your business requirement, contact your Gainsight (Adoption Explorer) Admin.
The survey section includes three tabs that display the collected survey data.
- NPS® RESPONSES tab displays aggregated customer ratings using the NPS® methodology.
Note: Depending on the configuration of this section within the C360 layout, this score is displayed as an average of all responses to the survey, or the 'actual' score that has not been calculated as an average.
- CSAT RESPONSES tab displays the number of responses received for the CSAT question along with the CSAT scores and the percentage of positive responses.
Note: If the CSAT questions contain a Matrix question, users can select the required subquestion to view the specific responses and percentage of positive responses.
- SURVEY RESPONSES tab displays User-specific link to the actual survey responses. Click the View icon to see the survey response of a participant in a new tab.
For more information about Surveys, refer to the NPS® Analytics article.
Relationship is a Gainsight object that can be used to model multiple perspectives by creating relationship types and relationships, which helps your Customer Success team manage the success of each relationship. Relationships takes Customer Success beyond managing Companies. It helps Customer Success team manage each connection point (Relationship) with your customer. For more information on relationships, refer to the Relationships Overview article.
You can perform the following actions from the Relationships view:
- Click the Relationship dropdown list to select the Custom Reports added by your admin, and also you can filter relationships based on the Relationship Types.
- You can switch between the Card View and List View. Card View displays the Relationship Types and List View displays the Reports. For the custom reports shown in the list view, you can use the reporting options such as: Selecting a Visualization type, applying Ranking, modifying Filters and Export options.
Note: You can filter each view to display All Relationship Types, but this filter is disabled for the List View if there are more than ten Relationship Types to display. This limitation is to prevent display issues within the view.
- Filter based on status such as Active or Inactive to see the relationships relevant to you.
- Click + ADD to add a new relationship.
- Click Edit to edit the existing Relationship details.
- Click Delete to delete the relationship.
Note: When you delete this record, the fields in other objects that are joined with the current object (Relationship) may have some impact on their records. It is recommended to contact your admin before deleting the Relationship record.
Success Plans help CSMs monitor and drive success with individual customers based on objectives and criteria that you define. Success Plans use a CTA type called Objectives. Success Plans may be composed of one or more Objective CTAs, and may include associated Tasks, either manually created or applied through Playbooks. For more information on success plans, refer to the Create Success Plans in C360/R360 article.
Related List is a type of C360 section which displays a Report created on any SFDC or Gainsight object. Report that should be displayed in this section is configured by Admins. Records that belong to the corresponding Company are displayed in this report. Admin can assign a different Name to this section rather than Related List.
Report added to the Related List section is displayed as in the following image:
Add or Edit Records in the Low Volume Custom Object
If an admin configures the Related List section with a Report created on Low Volume custom object, CSMs can add or edit records in this object through the Related List section in the C360 page. For more information on this object, refer to the Low Volume Custom Object article.
Use case: CSMs can maintain a list of cases/support tickets raised from the specific Company/Relationship in the related C360/R360 page. Details of the cases can be stored in a Low Volume custom object so that existing cases can be edited (Ex: Status Update) or new cases can be recorded in the custom object from the C360/R360 > Related List section.
To view or edit existing records in the Low Volume custom object:
- Navigate to the C360 page > configured Related List section of a customer. You can see all of the records from the Low Volume custom object through the report.
- Click the View button next to the record. The VIEW RECORD window is displayed which shows values in all the fields.
- Click the Edit button next to the record. The EDIT RECORD window is displayed.
- Edit values in the required fields.
- Click UPDATE.
To add a new record into the object:
- Click ADD to create a new record in the object. The ADD RECORD window is displayed.
- Enter values into the fields.
- If Company ID or Relationship ID field is added to a report on Low Volume custom object, while adding a new record, GSID of the current Company/Relationship is auto populated in the Company ID/Relationship ID field.
- While CSMs create a new record in a Low Volume custom object from C360/R360 > Related List (Report on Low Volume object), other fields having lookup to Company or Relationship fields populate automatically. For example, Company Name and Relationship Name.
- Low Volume Object fields that have lookup to a custom field in a Company or Relationship fields do not populate automatically.
- While adding a new record in the Low Volume object from the C360/R360 > Related List section, CSMs can search with Names instead of GSIDs to enter values in the GSID type fields. The search option works only on the fields with a lookup to the GSID field of the Standard objects (User, Person, Company, and Relationship).
- Click SAVE.
Sponsor Tracking section on the C360 allows users to track the contacts associated with a Company. By clicking + SPONSOR, you can see a list of contacts as configured by your admin. Click the Track icon for the required contact from the Action column to add a contact as Sponsor. Once you add a sponsor for the Company, you can view that Sponsor in the Sponsor tracking section of the C360.
For information on how CSMs can track sponsors from the C360 page, refer to the Track Sponsors from C360 Page article.
For information on how admins can configure the Sponsor Tracking Section in C360, refer to the Configure C360 Sponsor Tacking Section article.
Users can view the Company Intelligence posts in Gainsight application in the C360 page of their company. This allows users to view posts regarding companies and signals in which they are interested and helps them to stay informed about their customers and competitors.
Note: Admins can add the Company Intelligence section in the C360 page for all users. However, only customers who purchased this feature can view the Company Intelligence posts on the C360 page.
For more information on how CSMs can view posts from the C360 page, refer to the Company Intelligence in C360 article.
In the TIMELINE page, users can log Activities, such as Updates, Calls, Meetings, and Emails, along with notes from their customer interactions. For more information, refer to the Log Activities to Timeline article
Note: The Timeline activities in the Customer page are associated with the respective Company and its associated Relationships.
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld.|