This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how admins can configure Usage section, to help view usage data of a company/relationship in C360/R360. This is achieved by adding the usage layout defined in Adoption Explorer project, to the C360/R360 layout configuration page. Once admins add this section, CSMs can now see the usage data of associated company as per the above configured Adoption Explorer layout on C360/R360 page.
- Before you configure a Usage section in a C360 layout, make sure that you have already created a Project and a Usage Layout in the respective Adoption Explorer Project. For more information on how to create an Adoption Explorer Project, and a Usage Layout in an Adoption Explorer Project, refer Configure Projects in Adoption Explorer.
- To enable this project in C360, External Id in Adoption Explorer object must be mapped to external identifier field in the Gainsight's Company Object. Alternately, you can also create a custom field in the Gainsight's Company object from Data Management page, and load the external ids into that field, and then map with the external id field in the Adoption Explorer object. For more information on how to do this mapping, refer Projects and Project Settings.
To enable AE layouts in R360, Instance Identifier field in Adoption Explorer project must be mapped to the ID field (GS Relationship attribute) that uniquely identifies the Relationship in Gainsight’s Relationship object. This mapping creates a lookup for AE InstanceID to the GS Relationship object, and resolves the Instance identifier in usage data to Gainsight Relationship record.
Add Usage section to 360 page
To configure the Usage section, you must first add it to the Selected sections section. By default, the Usage section is displayed on the LOCAL pane of the Available sections. You can drag and drop it from Local pane to the Selected sections.
To add the Usage section to the Selected sections:
- Navigate to Administration > General > Company.
- Click the C360 LAYOUTS tab.
- Expand the Company Layouts section (if not expanded).
Note: To add a Usage section to R360 page, navigate to Administration > General > Relationships > TYPES > Select a Relationship Type > LAYOUTS.
- Click the edit icon for the required layout.
- For information on how to configure C360 and R360 Page and Section Types, refer Configure the Customer360 Sections and Configure R360 Page and Section Types respectively.
- For information on how to handle multiple Layouts in C360 and R360, refer the Create and Assign Multiple C360 Layouts and Create and Assign Multiple R360 Layouts articles respectively.
- Drag and drop the Usage section from the LOCAL pane of the Available sections to the Selected sections.
- (Optional) Click the Edit icon to rename the Usage section.
- Hover to the Usage section and click the CONFIGURE icon. Configure Section dialog appears.
- Enter the following details:
- Edit the section title if required.
- (Optional) Enter a description to the section.
- Select the required Adoption Explorer Project from the Select Project dropdown list. Once you select an Adoption Explorer project, you will see a list of usage layouts from the selected project, in the Usage Layout dropdown list.
Note: All the Adoption Explorer projects defined in the Org are listed as options in the dropdown list.
- Select the required Layout from the Usage Layout dropdown list.
- Click SAVE.
The following images show how CSMs can view the Usage section in C360/R360 pages respectively.
Usage Section in C360
Usage Section in R360
To view Usage section in R360:
- Navigate to the C360 page.
- Click Relationship. Here, you can see all of the Relationships available for this particular Company.
- Click the Relationship name, and you will land on the R360 page, where you can see the Usage section to which AE layouts are linked.
Note: From the Layouts dropdown list, you can only select the Company and Person layouts.