This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how Admins can configure Sponsor Tracking and add Sponsor tracking as a section to the C360/R360 layout configuration page. Once admin configures the section, Sponsor tracking enables the CSMs to keep a close watch on their key customer contacts, so they can be alerted when there is a change in the sponsor's status at the company. Sponsor tracking monitors popular Social media sites including Linkedin, Facebook and Google+ and then notifies the CSM about the changes in the contact's profile, specifically when there is a change in their job title, location and company. For more information on Sponsor Tracking, refer Sponsor Tracking Overview.
Admins can add Sponsor tracking section to the C360/R360 layout from the C360/R360 layout configuration page and the fields can be configured from the Sponsor tracking Admin page.
Note: The below configuration is explained using C360, and the configuration for R360 remains same.
Add Sponsor Tracking Section to the C360 page
To configure the Sponsor tracking section, you must first add it to the Selected sections section. By default, the Sponsor tracking section is displayed on the LOCAL pane of the Available sections. You can drag and drop it from this to the Selected sections.
To add the Sponsor tracking section to the Selected sections:
- Navigate to Administration > Company.
Note: To add a Sponsor Tracking Section to R360 page, navigate to Administration > Relationships > TYPES > Select a Relationship Type > LAYOUTS.
- Click the C360 LAYOUTS tab.
- Expand the Company Layouts section (if not expanded).
- Click the action icon for the required layout and click the Edit option. For more information about handling multiple Layouts, refer the Create and Assign Multiple C360 Layouts article.
- Drag and drop the Sponsor Tracking section from the LOCAL pane of the Available sections to the Selected sections.
- (Optional) Click the Edit icon to rename the Sponsor Tracking section.
After you add the Sponsor Tracking section to Selected sections, CSMs can view it on the C360 page. You can now add fields to be displayed on the C360 page.
Add Fields to the Sponsor Tracking section
Admins can add fields to the Sponsor tracking section from the Sponsor tracking Admin page. You can select fields from the:
- Person or Company Person object for sponsor tracking configuration for a Company.
- Person or Relationship Person object for sponsor tracking configuration for a Relationship (If relationship is enabled in your organization).
To add fields to the Sponsor Tracking page:
- Navigate to Administration > Sponsor Tracking.
- Add fields from the above mentioned objects to the following four sections as required:
- Grid: The fields added to this section are displayed on the Track Contact Grid or list view of the C360 page. You can add up to ten fields in this section.
- Card: The fields added in this section are displayed on the Track Contact card view of the Sponsor. You can add String and Email data type fields to this section. You can also add lookup fields that can provide String or Email type fields from the lookup object to the card view. To assist you, Gainsight provides names of fields that can be added to this section. In the above image, Name, Email, Title, and Location fields are provided. You can edit default field names (Name, Email, Title, and Location) in this section.
- Search Fields: The fields added in this section can be used by CSMs to search a contact on the Sponsor Tracking section of the C360 page. You can add up to four search fields of data types String and Email to this section. You can also add lookup fields that can bring String or Email type fields from the lookup object to this section.
- Social Profile Mapping: The fields you add in this section are used to specify field mapping to be used in API calls to find relevant sponsor from LinkedIn. You can map fields of data type String and Email to this section. You can also add lookup fields that can bring String or Email type fields from the lookup object for field mappings. To assist you, Gainsight provides names of fields that can be added in this section. First Name, Last Name, Email, and Title fields are provided for mapping with LinkedIn. You can add these fields or add some other fields. You can only add text or lookup fields in this section.
- Click SAVE.
CSMs can now use Sponsor Tracking from the C360 page. To learn more about tracking Sponsors from C360 page, refer the Track Sponsors from C360 page article.