This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
Success Snapshot enables admins to generate Powerpoint presentations with customer data and graphs from Gainsight, using your own customized presentation (business review deck) uploaded to the Success Snapshot repository, and help CSMs run their customer meetings (such as EBRs and QBRs). You can navigate to the Success Snapshot page from Administration > Success Snapshot. Success Snapshots is available for both Accounts and Relationships (if your org has configured Relationships in Gainsight). Once a Success Snapshot template is created and saved, CSMs will be able to export them from C360 and R360 pages respectively.
As a CSM Manager, to review your CSM activity with your customers during EBRs and QBRs, you may have your own customized business review deck, which is created outside of Gainsight. You can upload your customized business review presentations (pptx) to Gainsight’s Success Snapshot repository, and once the PPTX is uploaded, you can then insert the Gainsight data to the uploaded PPTX, as per your business requirement. For example, you can insert Customer Info fields, add Adoption reports from the C360/R360 and reports from Report Builder, etc. And now, if you want your admin to add any customer data (like: Success Plans, Reports, Images, Tokens etc.) from Gainsight to your business review deck, admin can create a Success Snapshot template within Gainsight.
The below flow diagram explains the flow of how a Success Snapshot is configured and exported, within Gainsight.
Use Case: For instance, you may want to add a report from Gainsight to one of the slides's in the PPTX and describe the report in the form of a story. You can achieve this by selecting an element or a placeholder in the required slide and replacing it with the required Report. Similarly, you can insert any kind of data like an Image, Text or Tokens from Gainsight into the appropriate elements on the slide. Once admins configure the PPTX, as per their business requirement, CSMs can then be able to export the Success Snapshot PPTX from the Exports section in C360.
The benefits of using Success Snapshot include:
- Efficiency - help reduce the time it takes for a CSM to prepare for customer meetings and presentations.
- Flexibility - based on your business requirement, you utilize multiple options to tailor the information in your business review PPT. For example, you can insert a Report, update Text, insert Tokens, upload Image, etc using the customer data available within Gainsight.
- Integration - connect with other Gainsight features like C360 and R360.
Example Use Cases for Success Snapshot
- Your CSM has created a presentation for QBR, outside of Gainsight, fully formatted and customized according to your corporate/company standards etc., and may want to add a Usage Data Report from Gainsight to the presentation.
- Your Director of Customer Success may want ARR of a customer to be shown in the presentation, which you have created outside of Gainsight for your QBR meeting.
- Your Executive may want a write-up for a particular report inserted from Gainsight.
To create a Success Snapshot, admins must first upload the fully customized business review presentation (pptx) to Gainsight, and can set up one or more Success Snapshots. For more information on how to create a Success Snapshot, refer Configure Success Snapshots Template.
To export a Success Snapshot from C360 page, refer Export Success Snapshots Presentations.