Load to Activities
This article explains how admins can create Milestone Activities from Rules Engine using the Load to Activities Action Type.
The Load To Activities action type helps admins create rules that create Milestone Activities from Rules Engine automatically. Admins can select system-defined, or custom milestone types provided they are currently in active state. The milestone activities appear on the Timeline list view page, once the rule is triggered.
Gainsight recommends reading the configuration of the Rules Details, Data Setup, and Schedule steps before reading this article. For more information, refer to the Create New Rule section of the Rules Engine Horizon Experience Overview article.
The GSID field must be added as a field in the dataset. This field is mandatory for the Load to Activities action type.
The Milestone Type must be in an active state.
Associated Records and multi-picklist fields are not supported in the Load to Activities action type.
Configure Load to Activities Action Type
To configure the Load to Activities action type:
- Navigate to the Action Setup step of building a rule.
- Hover on the dataset. The Add Action icon appears.
- Click the Add Action icon. The Add Criteria slide-out panel appears.
- (Optional) Click Add Criteria to define a filter criteria for the dataset.
- Click Continue. The Add Actions step appears.
- From the Create Action drop-down list, select Load To Activities.
- Provide the following details:
From the Subject drop-down list, select an option. The String Data type fields used in the source dataset are displayed in the drop-down list. Either select one of those fields or select the Custom option to enter a subject manually.
From the Activity Date drop-down list, select an option. The Date Data type fields used in the source dataset are displayed. Either select any of those fields or select the Pick from Calendar option to manually select a date.
From the Note drop-down list, select an option. The String Data type fields used in the source dataset are displayed. You can select any of those fields or select the Custom option to enter a note manually.
- From the Milestone Type drop-down list, select a milestone type.
Provide values in the other fields as per your requirement. Click Save Actions.