This article provides you the prerequisite knowledge to start using Rules Engine and the limitations.
Before you begin building Rules in Gainsight, it is helpful to know the following:
- Understanding of Vlookup and Joins for Merge Tasks
- Gainsight Object Glossary
Additionally, you must be familiar with basic Gainsight objects, to some extent. The three very basic objects are Company, User, and Person.
The following table lists the limitations that are applicable to all the Rules:
|Maximum number of tasks allowed||15|
|Maximum number of Show fields in each task||50||In Pivot task, 200 cases can be used to pivot on a field|
|Maximum number of Group by fields in transformation tasks||10|
|Maximum number of filters allowed in each task and action||26||No limits in action filters|
|Task Name length||80||Alphanumeric, _ and space are supported here|
|Task Description||200||All characters|
|Output Dataset Name||60||Alphanumeric, _ and space are supported here|
|Maximum number of Actions allowed||50|
- By default, Gainsight provides a name to Dataset and S3 Dataset. However, if you modify the default name and if the modified name contains a reserved keyword, you must modify the Output Field Label name before clicking SAVE, otherwise it displays an error message.
- Merge task does not support filters.
The following table lists various collections which are supported/not supported in Rules Engine.
|Object Type||Supported in Rules Engine|
|Maximum number of Show fields in each task||Yes|
|Email RAW events||Yes|
The following table displays the limits at the fetch level in Rules Engine:
|Fetch Data From||Record Limits|
|Fetch data from SFDC - Largest org||6.3 Million|
|Fetch data from Gainsight - largest dataset||2 Million|
Note: The rule will be aborted automatically by the system and marked as failed, if it takes more than 3 hours to run. Gainsight recommends that you start with 2 million records for processing the fetch task.
- Action filter is case sensitive and it does an unresponsive check.
- Rules Preview does not show the detailed information of every task available in the rules. It gives basic information along with the task flow diagram.
- Rules at Company level do not include the absence of data feature. It is not needed as users can create multiple tasks, merge data, and the rule will transform tasks.
- At the Company level, Rules do not support the Send Email action, since Journey Orchestrator is used for this.
- In the Pivot task, 50 measures + 200 columns are allowed on a single Pivoted field.
- Transformation task supports date functions in Group by like Day, Week, Month, Quarter and Year.
Rules Engine Path Articles - A series of articles that help you easily understand and start building rules.