Low Volume Objects are custom objects that can be created by Admins from the data management page. These objects are used to store low volume data which needs to be edited frequently. For example, Admins can create a custom object in Gainsight for Cases or Opportunities, Product management, etc. which is a low volume object and would require frequent updates. These updates can be made directly from the C360/R360 page by CSMs/AMs.
Low volume custom objects are not recommended for storing huge volumes of data like usage data.
Following are the major advantages of using Low Volume custom object over High Volume:
- Admins can edit records in the Low Volume custom objects from the Data Operations, C360, and R360 page. For more information on this, refer the Data Operation article.
- CSMs/AMs can edit any record in this object, from a report added to the C360/R360 > Related List section, corresponding to the Company or Relationship. For more information on how CSMs/AMs can edit records stored in the Low Volume custom objects from the C360 page, refer Related List.
- Data can be loaded into the Low Volume custom objects using Custom Object APIs. For more information on using these APIs, refer Custom Object API Documentation.
Note: Bulk APIs can access low volume objects.
Create Low Volume Custom Objects
To create a Low volume object:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Management.
- Click +OBJECT.
- In the Create Object dialog box, enter the following details:
- Object display name: The easily understandable object display name that you want to create.
- Object name: System defined object name with a suffix of __gc (Auto-generated, based on the name entered in Object display name).
- Object description: A description of the object being created.
- Low Volume Object: Select this Checkbox to create the custom object of type Low Volume.
- Select either Manual or Data file upload (CSV) as required.
- Click NEXT to continue creating a Low Volume object. For more information, refer to the Gainsight Data Management article.
Limitations on the Low Volume custom objects
Following are the limitations applied to the Low Volume custom objects:
- A maximum of 100 Low Volume custom objects can be created per Org.
- A maximum of 100 fields can be created in each Low Volume custom object.
- A maximum of 1 million records can be stored in a Low Volume custom object.
- To edit or preview reports built off of these objects in the C360, the reports must include the object's GSID field.
- All the fields in this object of type, Rich Text Area, can store values having up to 150k characters.
- Joins between Low and High Volume Objects is not supported by Gainsight.
Note: If you do not select the Low Volume Object checkbox while creating a custom object as shown in the image above, the objects are considered High Volume Objects. None of the limitations shown above are applicable to High Volume custom objects.
Data Ingestion Channels
You can load data into Low Volume custom objects using any of the following data loading channels:
Manage Records in the Low Volume Custom Objects
Following are the two channels through which you can manage records in the Low Volume custom objects:
- You can create, view, edit, and delete existing records in a Low Volume custom object from the Data Operation page. For more information, refer to Data Operation.
- You can edit any record in the Low Volume custom object from a report added to the C360/R360 > Related List section corresponding to the Company or Relationship respectively. For more information on how to add, edit records from the Related List section, refer to Overview of Customer 360 Details.
- You can view and delete all or filtered records from the Data Management page. For more information, refer to Gainsight Data Management.