This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article is the first in a series of Salesforce connector articles. This article introduces the Salesforce Connector and briefly explains the various tasks involved in configuring this connector.
Salesforce connector is Gainsight NXT’s premium tool which enables Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) users to connect to Gainsight NXT. Once Salesforce CRM is connected with Gainsight NXT, users can sync their SFDC data with Gainsight NXT. You can sync data from any SFDC object to Gainsight NXT Standard or Custom objects. To learn more about Gainsight objects, refer to the Gainsight Data Management article. This connector is located on the Administration > Connectors 2.0 > Connectors tab.
Some common terms used in our Salesforce connector articles are listed below. These words and their associated descriptions are exclusively related to the Gainsight NXT product.
- Gainsight NXT: Gainsight’s state of the art CRM tool which is highly flexible and allows you to connect to other CRMs.
- Salesforce org: A Salesforce tenant to which a connection must be established and then authorized.
- SFDC: Salesforce database in which all the Salesforce data is stored.
- Connection: A connection is a link between Gainsight NXT and Salesforce org.
- Authorization: The process of allowing Gainsight NXT to access your Salesforce org.
- Open Authorization (OAuth): The authorization protocol used to authorize Gainsight NXT to access a Salesforce org.
- Production org: A Salesforce org which holds your real time data on which the Organization is working.
- Sandbox org: A Salesforce Org which generally holds sample production data used for testing.
- Custom Domain: Custom URL used to login to your Salesforce org.
- Data Sync: The process of fetching data from Salesforce’s database and ingesting it into corresponding Gainsight object.
- Data sync jobs: A Data sync job is an activity which syncs data from Salesforce Objects to Gainsight Objects.
- Out of the box jobs: Default Data sync jobs which are created after authorizing a Salesforce org are known as out of the box jobs. Gainsight NXT creates three out of the box data sync jobs.
To configure the Salesforce connector, you must execute four tasks. These tasks are shown below:
- Create Connection: This task establishes a connection between Gainsight NXT and Salesforce org. To learn more about this process, refer to the Create Connection article.
- Authorize Connection: This task authorizes Gainsight NXT to access data from your Salesforce org. To learn more about this process, refer to the authorize Connection article.
- (Optional) Modify Out of the box jobs: This task allows admins to modify the configurations for out of the box jobs. To learn more about this process, refer to the Out of the Box Jobs article.
- Create Data sync jobs: This task allows admins to create new data sync jobs. To learn more about this process, refer to the Create Data Sync Jobs article.
- The SFDC user whose credentials are being used should have API access in SFDC.