IMPORTANT - Articles Impacted due to 6.34 October NXT Release
Due to the v6.34 October, 2022 release, this article has been impacted. Steps, images, and playable GIFs in this article will soon be updated to reflect the latest changes.
For more information about the latest UI changes, click here.
This article is the second in a series of Microsoft Dynamics 365 connector articles. Gainsight recommends you refer to the initial articles and then proceed with this article.
This article explains how to establish a connection between Gainsight NXT and a Dynamics CRM instance. After reading this article, admins can connect Gainsight NXT to a Dynamics CRM instance.
A connection is a link between a Gainsight NXT tenant and a Dynamics CRM instance. After you establish a connection to your Dynamics CRM instance, you can authorize the connection and start syncing data from Dynamics CRM to Gainsight NXT.
IMPORTANT: You can create only a single connection in Dynamics 365 Connector. A connection can be associated to only a single Dynamics CRM instance org.
This section describes the procedural steps involved in creating a connection between a Dynamics CRM instance and Gainsight NXT. You must give the Dynamics CRM URL in this section. However, the validation of the connection is done while authorizing the connection.
To create a connection:
- Navigate to Administration > Connectors 2.0.
- Click the Microsoft Dynamics 365 card.
- Click the Create Connection icon. The Add Connection Details dialog is displayed.
- Provide the following details:
- Enter a name for the connection in the Name field.
- Enter the URL of your Dynamics CRM. You cannot edit this field, once the connection is created.
- Dynamics CRM Connector Overview
- Authorize Connection
- Modify Out of the box Jobs
- Create Data Sync Jobs