This article is the fifth in a series of Microsoft Dynamics 365 connector articles. Gainsight recommends you to first refer the initial articles and then proceed with this article.
This article explains the default settings configured in Out of the box sync job. If you are not aware of different stages present in a Data sync job, refer to the Create Data sync jobs article and then proceed with this article.
When you authorize a connection, Gainsight creates an out of the box data sync jobs. You can modify the job, if required. This job is used to sync the basic data required to perform routine operations in Gainsight NXT. The out of the box jobs is User Sync job.
User Sync job
This job is named User Sync_ Connection name. (here User Sync_Dynamics Connection). This job syncs user data from the Dynamics CRM User object to the Gainsight User object. By default, this job does not have any dependencies. You can add a dependent job, if required. The Notification Details fields of this job contain the email address of the logged in user. You can add, edit, or delete email recipients. Following are the options in the User Sync Job:
- In the job configuration stage, Source object is mapped to Dynamics CRM User Object and target Object is mapped to Gainsight User Object. You cannot modify this setting.
- By default, there are five field mappings configured in this job. You can add, edit, or delete these field mappings. The mappings are:
- First Name -> First name
- Last Name -> Last Name
- Email 2 -> Email
- Username -> Username
Note: There is an out of the box mapping provided in the User Sync data job, to identify a specific Dynamics user internally in the Gainsight system. You cannot edit or delete this mapping from the configuration.
- By default, the mapping between Username field from Dynamics CRM User entity and Username field from the Gainsight User Object, is set as the Upsert key. You can select some other field as the Upsert key or even have multiple fields as Upsert keys, if required. It is mandatory to configure at least one field as Upsert key. This upsert key is used to resolve incoming Dynamics CRM users with existing Gainsight users. Based on the Upsert key selection, either new Gainsight users are created from the incoming Dynamics CRM users, or associated with the existing users.
This configuration is useful if new users that you are trying to sync through the Dynamics connector may have already been added to Gainsight either through Slack or User Management. If a matching record already exists in Gainsight, the incoming Dynamics user will automatically be associated to that user. If there are multiple matching records found for the Upsert Key criteria, you can navigate to User Management > Avatars > Dynamics Avatar Type to manually associate to one user record. After user records are synced, if multiple records are found matching the upsert key criteria, an error file is generated that directs you to the User Management page to manually resolve to one record.
Following are few use cases to apply configuration for Upsert Key, but you can always configure Upsert Keys as required:
- If a user is already added through Slack to Gainsight, you can sync Dynamics CRM Users through Dynamics Connector with Email as Upsert key.
- If a user is already added through the User Management page (Manual or CSV), you can sync Dynamics CRM Users through Dynamics Connector with Name or Email as Upsert key.
- There are no derived mappings configured for this job. You can add any number of derived mappings to populate values into the GSID type fields as required. For more information, refer the Data Import Lookup article.
- The Filters section has two filters by default. These filters are configured to fetch only Standard and Active users. You can add, edit, or delete the filters as required.
- The Schedule section is not configured for this job. You can either schedule an execution or import data now with the available options.