Introduction to Gainsight NXT and Overview of Onboarding
Gainsight NXT Overview
Gainsight NXT is an application designed for customer success professionals for driving revenue, increasing retention, and scaling operations. Gainsight NXT is built on Gainsight’s Matrix Data Architecture (MDA) Platform that offers a mechanism through which you can manage all of your business data like your Account, User, and Contact information and transform this data to derive business metrics through the tools offered by the Platform - rules engine, aggregation, CTA's etc. The Gainsight NXT platform turns disparate customer data sources into insights and actions that drive measurable business outcomes for your clients. Watch this 3-min. video to see a preview of Gainsight NXT!
The business data that you create or manage in Gainsight is stored in the following objects in Gainsight’s MDA:
- Person Object Model
- Application objects
- Any Custom object that you create
To start using Gainsight NXT, as a Super Admin of your company, login to your Gainsight org using the login URL provided through the welcome email. You can then grant access to anyone in your company. For more details on the Gainsight org details, contact your Gainsight representative.
Gainsight NXT is supported in the most recent stable versions of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome™ (Recommended)
- Mozilla® Firefox®
- Apple® Safari® version 12.x on macOS
- Microsoft Edge
To start using Gainsight NXT, as a Super Admin, take the following onboarding steps to complete Gainsight setup based on your business requirements:
- Login to the shared Gainsight org with your Username and then create a new Password. You can then grant Gainsight access to anyone in your company by adding them as users.
- Setup configurations in the Application Settings page.
- Start adding any CSM or Admin from your company as users in the Gainsight User Management page. For more information on how to add users through different methods, refer to the Gainsight User Management article.
- You can apply different Gainsight Authentication mechanisms for different User login methods. For more information on the login methods, refer Gainsight User Login.
- You can set up access to some or all of the pages in Gainsight global navigation for the specific users using Permission Groups. By default, Super Admins have access to all of the Gainsight pages. If a Super Admin does not configure Permission Groups for users, they do not have access to any navigation page in Gainsight and see an Error page.
- Grant permissions or restrict access on individual objects and their attributes for the specific users using Data Permissions.
- As part of onboarding to Gainsight NXT, a Super Admin or an Admin can load company’s business data into Gainsight as shown below:
- Customer Information into Company object
- Contacts into Person object model
- User data into User object
The following workflow displays the onboarding steps for Gainsight NXT:
For detailed information on each onboarding step, follow the Onboarding path.