IMPORTANT UPDATE July, 2019: Vault assets will be retired in the near future, and currently only Playbook and Report assets are compatible with the latest functionality.
When you download a pre-built report, the system displays the report details, including the source object, report visualization, and the Show me fields. Then you have an opportunity to map any custom fields in the report to the corresponding fields in your org. The following procedure explains how to import Reports from Vault into your own org.
Downloading Reports from Vault
Perform the following steps to download reports from Vault:
1. From Reports, click Vault.
2. Click the name of the report that you would like to download, or click the download icon on the far right of the rule name. (The Bar icon on the left represents report type assets.)
3. Click on the name of the report that you want to download. The source object, visualization type, and the Show me fields used in the report are displayed.
4. Click CONFIGURE. If the report contains custom fields, you have an opportunity to map those fields to the corresponding fields in your org.
The CONFIGURE screen is divided into three sections:
- Field Mapping: to map fields in an object.
- Value mapping: to map values for fields in the report.
- Open Value mapping: to map any lookup fields used in the report.
In case each of the field and values are mapped automatically, you will see a DOWNLOAD button instead of a CONFIGURE button.
5. Click Download.
6. Navigate back to Administration > Report Builder, to view the downloaded report. You may make modifications to the report as necessary.