When you change a Survey’s Published URL, and you're using the survey in a Journey Orchestrator email (formerly known as CoPilot), it will not dynamically update the survey url in the corresponding Journey Orchestrator email template.
Root Cause: By design, the system does not automatically update the survey’s published url, since the previous survey url may still be in use.
This article explains how to update the url in an existing Journey Orchestrator email template.
- Your published survey uses Journey Orchestrator as the distribution method (you can check in Survey > Properties)
- You have already replaced the published url with a new url on the Survey > Publish page
- You're using a Journey Orchestrator email template to distribute the survey
- In Journey Orchestrator > Email templates, locate the relevant template with the survey link.
- Confirm the correct survey is being referenced/linked.
- Save the email template. This will trigger the template to fetch the newly published survey url.
- (Optional) Trigger a test outreach to confirm the email is using the new survey url.