Use the Analyze tab of Surveys 2.0 to view and analyze recipient responses for a published survey. You can also view analytics for Surveys 2.0 NPS responses using the NPS 2.0(Beta) tab. For more information on this tab, refer to NPS 2.0 Overview article.
On the Analyze page, there are three sub-tabs, Survey Statistics, Response Report, and Text Analytics.
Survey Statistics displays information on overall participant responses. This includes a participant chart and a line graph with the number of participant responses over time.
- Participants Chart: This is divided into Responded, Not Responded, and Partially Saved. Click a section to view a list of participants at the bottom of the page. You can add filters to each column of the chart.
You can View, Edit or Delete the participant responses of submitted surveys.
To use the View option:
- Select the response you want to View, from the participant chart.
- Click the View icon in the Actions column. A new window opens and displays the participant responses.
To use the Edit option:
- Select the response you want to Edit, from the participant chart.
- Click the Edit icon in the Actions column. A new window opens and displays the survey question(s).
- Edit the responses.
- Click SUBMIT, and you will see the “This will change the response. Do you want to continue?” message.
- Click Yes to save the changes.
To use the Delete option:
- Select the response you want to Delete, from the participant chart.
- Click the Delete icon in the Actions column, and you will see the “The selected records will be deleted from the system and will not be available for the analytics or any other use.” message.
- Click DELETE.
Note: You can select and delete a maximum of 10 responses at a time.
- Customer Response Trend: This line graph shows the number of responses received for the survey over time.
- Export: Clicking this exports the data within the Survey Statistics section and sends it as an email to the currently logged in user.
- Reset Flattening: Click Reset Flattening, to reload the data for that specific survey. You can see a message displaying ‘Request to reload data in MVP NPS Survey initiated, will be notified via email once done’ at the bottom of the page. For more information on Survey Flattening, refer to Surveys Flattening Overview article.
- Filter Reports: The filter option at the top-right can be used to control which Surveys data segments are displayed in all the different views in this page. You can filter the survey responses on fields from the Survey Participant object and its lookup fields. You can apply multiple filters and Advance logic between them (AND or OR) to filter the survey responses as required.
For surveys that have been configured for internal submission, you can manually submit responses under Response Statistics. For more information on this process, refer to Submit Surveys 2.0 Internally article.
The Response Report displays graphical representations of response information for each specific survey question.
- Question Name: This will be displayed at the top of each question.
- View Details: Clicking this will display a table of participants who responded to the question. The table contains the company name, full name, role, and email of the participant.
- Overall/Breakdown: The NPS question type can display the Overall responses with the percentage of Promoters, Passives, and Detractors, and a Breakdown of the responses with the percentage of responses for each specific numerical ranking.
- Report Graphic: The graphical representation of the response data. Depending on the question type, the information will be represented differently. Each section can be clicked on for a drill-down view of participants. This drill-down is identical to the table displayed if you click View Details.
- Display Method: Users can choose to display response information as a graphic (left icon) or as a table (right icon).
- Filter Reports: Click this to add filter conditions to the participant response data being displayed. These conditions can be built off of the fields in the Survey Participant object. For more information on filter reports, refer to How to Build Basic Reports article.
The Text Analytics feature uses several analytical techniques to break down and classify the textual information contained in all text-based questions and for all questions that have comments enabled. It then makes the analyzed information available for reporting purposes. This option is enabled by default for all surveys.
The functionality of this feature is identical to the Text Analytics option for Surveys. For more information on the functionality of Text Analytics, refer to How Text Analytics Works article.
Response data for Surveys 2.0 is captured across multiple objects, such as the Survey Participant object and the Survey User Answer object. You can build custom Survey 2.0 reports in report builder using these objects, as well as the objects built by survey flattening. For more information on survey flattening and building reports, refer to Survey Flattening Overview and How to Build Reports articles respectively.
Edited/deleted response information is stored in the Survey Audit Log object. You can build reports using this object to see who has edited/deleted the responses for a specific survey, modified date of the responses, etc.