This article explains about uploading CSV/TSV files into S3 bucket using Cyberduck tool.
You can upload CSV/TSV files into either Gainsight managed bucket or custom S3 bucket using tools such as Cyberduck. Files uploaded to S3 bucket can be consumed by the following Gainsight features:
- S3 Connector
- Rules Engine: Create S3 Dataset Task Using Bionic Rules
- Data Designer: Use Data from Amazon S3 to Create Data Spaces
- Adoption Explorer: Configure Adoption Explorer Objects to Create Usage Reports
Use Cyberduck Tool to upload CSV files into S3 Bucket
To upload a CSV file using Cyberduck into S3 bucket:
- Click View S3 Config in the S3 Configuration page and open the Gainsight Managed bucket details to upload CSV/TSV files into the Gainsight Managed bucket.
- Keep your custom S3 bucket details handy to upload your CSV/TSV files into your custom S3 bucket.
- Download and install the cyberduck tool from https://cyberduck.io/?l=en.
- Open the Cyberduck application and Click + at the bottom left of the page to add a bucket as a Bookmark. Add a Bookmark dialog appears.
- Enter the following details in the Add a Bookmark dialog:
- Select Amazon S3 from the dropdown list. Nickname, Port, and URL are automatically selected.
- Copy Access Key from the S3 Configuration page and enter in the Access Key ID.
- Click More Options and copy Bucket Access Path from the S3 Configuration page and enter in the Path.
- Close the Add a Bookmark dialog. Gainsight Managed S3 Bucket is added as a bookmark.
- Click Open Connection. Copy Security Token from the S3 Configuration page and enter in the Secret Access Key and click Login.
- Enter the following details:
- Select Server: S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service)
- Access Key ID: from the Access Key in the Gainsight S3 Configuration page.
- Secret Access Key: from the Security Token in the Gainsight S3 Configuration page and click Connect.
- Select connection type.
- Copy/Paste Access Key.
- Copy/Paste Security Token.
- Click Connect.
- You can see three subfolders in the MDA-Data-Ingest: input, archived, and error.
- Navigate to the input folder and upload files into this folder by selecting the Upload optio in File Menu, or right click.
- Unique file name for post file upload: User has to specify a unique file name for all the Event Based Data Ingest jobs (Post File Upload): Also, the file name used should not be a suffix of a file name that already exists.
- 500 mb file size limitation: S3 connector supports files up to 500 MB. However, it is recommended that the file size does not exceed 200 MB.
- User has to set up the project and then upload the file: The files that exist in the bucket before setting up "post file upload" will not be picked up.
- User has to upload the file with the exact filename only: Uploading a file and renaming it to match the set file name in the project will not be ingested.
- No delay time can be configured: There is no provision to configure a delay time for "post file upload." It will be ingested immediately.
- User has to upload a new file only after the previous file processing has started, or the previous file is moved to the archive folder: If the previous file is still in the input folder, the new file will overwrite the older file.