Before using the Engagement tab, set up your adoption metrics and import your usage data. For more information about setting up the adoption metrics, refer to Configure Account Scorecards.
After you create adoption measures and import data, navigate to the Engagement tab to view data for all customers or a single customer in a tabular or graphical format.
The Overview subtab lets you view adoption data in a tabular format. The data displayed depends on:
- UI View: Enables you to determine the columns you see in the tabular format. The following image shows an example of the adoption data from My Customers, which shows Customer, Renewal Date, Current Score, Users, Logins, and so on.
- Filter: Enables you to filter on a specific measure for a time period that starts on the date you select. If you have usage date at an instance level, you can select By Account or By Instance. Click GO to initiate filtering.
Usage of the product is calculated based on a formula of (Usage Indicator) / (# Licensed Users). In this case, the measure marked as the Usage Indicator is YTD Unique.
The Usage % column is color-coded:
- Green: licensed usage is 80% or more.
- Orange: licensed usage is between 60% - 80%.
- Red: licensed usage is 60% or less.
Search Fields to Filter
Every column in the Overview subtab has a search field below the column name as shown in the following image. These fields enable you to filter the entries that you want to access and hide all other entries. In the following image, for example, the search field for the Usage % column allows you to search usage percentages that are equal to, greater than, greater than or equal to, less than, or less than or equal to a value you specify.
Some search fields have an icon at the left side of the field (circled in the image above) for selecting a search type.
Search fields use the Boolean AND Operator. This means if you enter search criteria in more than one search field, only entries that contain all of the search criteria you specify are displayed. So, the more search criteria you enter, the narrower the search. For example:
- If you enter search criteria for Usage % and Licensed, only entries that match both sets of search criteria are displayed.
- If you also enter search criteria for YTD Unique, only entries that match all three sets of search criteria are displayed.
To remove filters and redisplay all entries, delete the search criteria from all search fields. As you enter search criteria in a search field, the entries are filtered to show only the ones that match the search criteria you enter. To display only the usage percentages that are greater than or equal to 50% for example, click the >= icon next to the Usage % search field and type 50 in the Usage % search field, as shown below.
Add Advanced Searches
The Advanced Searches tool appears as a flashlight icon at the top-right side of the tab as shown in the following image.
Perform the following steps to define advanced searches:
- Click the flashlight icon. The following Modify filters window is displayed.
- Click +ADD ADVANCED FILTER.
- Define your filter, and then click APPLY.
The Engagements tab enables you to export the detailed view to a comma-separated value (CSV) file.
Click the side menu, and then click Export. The following message is displayed and you receive an email notification with the attached CSV file.
The Trends subtab enables you to view a graphical representation of data. Below the graph is a tabular report of the data shown in the graph (refer the following image).
In this view, you can use the filter controls at the top of the tab to filter by the following criteria, and then click APPLY to generate the graph:
- All customers or a single customer
- One measure or multiple measures
- A set amount of weeks
- A starting date you select
The Explorer subtab provides a color-coded view of how your customer base is engaging with your product. Using this subtab, you can view which users have adopted which features and capabilities. Clicking a customer enables you drill down to obtain detailed information.