Add Documents to Knowledge Center Bot
This article explains how to add your documents/articles to the Gainsight Knowledge Center Bot. Gainsight recommends you to refer to the Knowledge Center Bot article and then proceed with this article.
You can use the PX Knowledge Center (KC) Bot to display content from an external knowledge base. Apart from integrating with external Knowledge bases, you can directly add URLs for your knowledge center documents to the PX Bot. Once you add all of the URLs of your application, you can create categories and group your articles in categories.
This article explains how to add documents from an external knowledge base to the KC bot (without using any integrations) and create categories to organize your documents.
Add Articles to KC Bot
This section explains how to add documents from your knowledge base to the KC Bot. You can choose to either add content directly in the KC Bot or add a hyperlink of your article to the KC Bot.
To add articles to the KC Bot:
- Click the Knowledge Center Bot icon from the left pane.
- Click the Articles icon.
- Click Create. The Create Article window is displayed.
- Enter the following details:
- Name: Enter a name for your article. This name helps you identify your article.
- Title: Enter a title for your article. This can be the same as the Name.
- (Optional) Body: Paste the content of your article. You can either add all the content to the body section and not include any URLs or add some content in the Body section and redirect users to your URL for more info.
- (Optional) Link: Add the URL of your article.
- Click Add.
Content added in the Body section is displayed within the Bot and content present in the hyperlinked article, is displayed in a new tab. If you wish to display the content present in hyperlink, within the Bot, use Integrations instead.
- Select the Add check box. This adds the article to the Bot.
This sub-section explains how to create categories to organize your articles.
To add categories:
- Click Category under the CATEGORY column for the required article.
- Enter a name for the Category and press enter or select Create Category name.
- Similarly, create all of the articles and categories, as required. In this example, two articles are created; Gainsight and Gainsight PX. These articles are added to categories Gainsight CS and Gainsight PX.
You can see a preview of how your articles appear in the KC bot, by navigating to the Editor section.
You can see content added within the Body section is displayed in the Bot. Content present in the hyperlink is opened when you click Read More.