Prep Work & Vault Assets
Below is the prep-work for this tutorial, which includes Report assets to download from Vault:
In this section, we’ll guide you through implementing the business challenge process. It’s important to keep in mind that every customer instance is unique; while following these examples you may need to make customizations to suit your business processes.
The below exercises are intended to provide additional visibility into customer risks for both Executives and your field reps. You’ll enable several areas of functionality in Gainsight to achieve maximum coverage on risks. First, you’ll enable the Gainsight ‘widget’ on your Salesforce Account page, allowing users with Limited Gainsight Licenses to gain visibility into the account health. Then, you’ll enable the Mobile application for your field reps while they’re working on new opportunities for quick views into their customer’s health. Lastly, you’ll build reports that summarize customer health and identify top at risk customers and email these to members of your team.
Step 1: Access and Install the Account Widget for your Sales Team
Benefit: Allow your sales team to see the Gainsight Sales View on the account or opportunity pages in Salesforce, therefore giving your team greater visibility.
- Follow these instructions in order to set up your Account Widget.
- Customize the sales view on the Opportunity page. Learn more here: Configure C360 Page. We suggest adding the following sections:
- Summary – Gives a quick overview of the Account & Health
- Scorecard – Ability to see the health of the customer and which areas that may be at risk
- Cockpit – Ability to see open CTAs and any risks that are open
- Sponsor tracking – Gives visibility into main contacts
Step 2: Enable Mobile application
Step 3: Build Reports & Dashboards
To assist your executives and field reps, we recommend downloading (or building) a series of reports from Vault (available above in the Prep Work section), adding them to a Gainsight Home dashboard, and then scheduling the dashboard to be sent to Execs via email.
See these instructions for creating a dashboard and scheduling the reports to be sent via email.
Now that you’ve created a process to give your broader organization (Sales Reps and Executives) visibility into customer health, how can you take your processes to the next level? We suggest reviewing these challenges:
- Do you need to create more visibility to your management team on activities your CSMs are doing around the customer lifecycle? Review V3D challenge C4.
- Do you have happy customers that could be used in advocacy opportunities? Review V3D challenge D1.
- Do you find that your best prospect deals come from previous sponsors that have left a customer? Utilize Gainsight’s Sponsor tracking to notify you when a key champion moves to a prospect's company. Review V3D Challenge D2.
Additional Best Practices Resources
The following resources may be most useful for your VP of CS and CSM team:
Additional Configuration Resources
If you need additional information about how to configure or use the widgets, see the resources below: