This article will walk you through the steps to revoke and reauthorize OAuth access for the Gainsight app.
Find Gainsight App in the list of connected apps. Click on the number that shows how many users have authenticated. This number can be higher than 1 in some cases.
On the Authorize MDA tab, click Revoke. This will fully revoke the MDA authorization and turn off the MDA.
Note: If changing OAuth user profile, make sure the new OAuth user has the "Manage Package Licenses" permission enabled in SFDC. Refer to Gainsight and SFDC Permission Sets for more information on enabling permissions.
1. Navigate to Administration > MDA Services.
2. Edit the checkboxes under Matrix Data Architecture Settings to uncheck, and then recheck each of them. This will refresh the settings under the new OAuth user.
3. Navigate to Administration > Connectors.
4. Turn the Authorize MDA button to on in order to reauthorize the MDA with the proper user's permissions.
After completing an OAuth reathorization, there are several supplemental steps you can take to refresh functions dependent on OAuth access. These steps are not required to complete an OAuth Authorization, but they ensure each process has been verified to work under the new OAuth user.
- Verify OAuth Authorization for the correct user.
- Navigate to Administration > Email Configuration and initiate a refresh of the Survey Email Setting by turning it off and back on again.
- Navigate to Administration > Notifications and initiate a refresh of the Notifications service by turning it off and back on again. Refer to Configuring Email Notifications or My Notification Settings for more information on completing this process.
- Navigate to Administration > Gainsight Connect and run each connector as the OAuth user. Ensure that each connector completes successfully and pulls back information. Refer to Gainsight Connect for more information on completing this process.