This article explains on different configurations available in the Application Settings. After you login to Gainsight for the first time, you must setup the following configurations in the Application Settings page.
Navigate to Administration > Application Settings page through Global Navigation. Configure the following in this page:
- Tenant Id: (Read-only)
- Tenant Name: Assign a unique Tenant Name.
- Default Time Zone: (mandatory) Select a Timezone from the list. All data interactions between Gainsight and MDA platform are recorded with a time in this timezone. History of inserting or updating records, rule execution details, etc. are stored using this timezone. Selecting this is mandatory before onboarding into Gainsight.
CAUTION: Do not change your timezone settings, after setting them up. It will result in serious data discrepancy issues.
- Locale: Select a Region based on language from the list
- Week Start on: Select a day as per your business requirement
- Currency Iso Symbol: Select a currency symbol based on your business requirement.
- Fiscal Year Start Month: Select a month from the list based on your business requirement.
- Fiscal Year label is based on: Select either Starting Year or Ending Year to display the label of fiscal year.
- If you base your fiscal year label on starting year, your fiscal year format would be FY 2018 and the fiscal quarter format would be FQ1 2018, FQ2 2018 etc.
- If you base your fiscal year label on ending year, your fiscal year format would be FY 2019 and the fiscal quarter format would be FQ1 2019, FQ2 2019 etc.