This article introduces Gainsight’s Timeline feature, including the benefits and use cases of Timeline.
Timeline is the official record of your customers. It allows users to log information regarding customer interactions in a way that enables you to quickly gather insights and drive action. The Timeline View in the Customer 360 page allows you to log and view activities that help you track customer interactions over the course of a customer’s life cycle.
The benefits of using Timeline include:
- Standardization - Ensure that you have a single source of truth for your customer history.
- Collaboration - Facilitate collaboration by making your notes available to others in your organization.
- Integration - Link your notes to your CTAs (Calls to Action) to view a clear picture of your customer.
- Usability - Leverage the chronological, “feed-style” interface to quickly understand your customer history.
- Reportability - Report on your activities to drive customer insights and operational improvements.
Suggested Usage for Timeline
- Weekly updates on the Customer’s status and recent events for every customer.
- All emails, calls, or meeting with the customer that should be recorded in the Customer’s history along with the corresponding notes and perspective.
- When ownership transitions occur or new owners are introduced, Timeline can provide an easily digestible history with rich context to get the new owner up-to-speed.
- When Executive Sponsors or Leaders meet with a customer, they can review the Timeline to understand the customer’s history and context.
- Meeting preparation: Create a draft activity and add your meeting agenda. During the meeting, use that same list to guide the meeting and increase your note-taking efficiency. ("Log" the activity if you want colleagues to be able to see it prior to the meeting.)
- If your organization uses an external note-taking solution, such as Evernote, Timeline feature is a good alternative, since the info is visible to all GS NXT users in the C360.