Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
What are the use cases that Success Plans solve?
- Success Plans combine a new Call To Action (CTA) type with a new Object to create Plans comprised of Objectives and Tasks. Success Plans live on the C360 page and can be assigned ownership just like CTAs.
- Develop a plan for your company’s internal Goals to maintain and grow the account or tackle a project.
- Capture a customer’s Goals for your product during onboarding and develop specific Objectives to meet them.
- Get customer buy-in at key milestones. Present your Success Plan for your customer at your next QBR and get their buy-in on your approach.
How do Objectives differ from CTAs (structurally and theoretically)?
- Structurally, Objectives and CTAs are records within the same Object (Call to Action), and have the same functionality.
- Theoretically, Objectives have a goal associated with an organized plan to work with customers. Whereas, CTA is created to prompt an action in response to a specific situation or set of criteria present in a customer.
Who can setup Success Plan types/attributes/Objective categories? Adjust the Attributes displayed? How are permissions for this setup?
- Success Plans can be set up by CS Ops or anyone with access to the Gainsight Admin tab on Success Plans.
- Any Gainsight NXT Full User having access to the C360/R360 pages can add or modify a Success Plan on C360/R360.
Any limits to Types, Attributes, or Objectives categories that can be created? Any limits to how many Success Plans or Objectives a Customer can have?
- Admins can select a maximum of 20 fields for the layout characteristics under “Success Plan Info field configuration”.
- There are No limits on creating the number of Types, Attributes, or Objectives categories.
- There are No limits on creating the number of Plans or Objectives per customer.
Can Success Plans and Objectives be viewed in Cockpit? Created/Edited from Cockpit?
- Success Plans are not viewable in Cockpit.
- Objectives are visible in Cockpit (once the plan is set to “Active”), but cannot be created from Cockpit.
When should I use Success Plans vs. CTAs?
Success Plans are intended for long term multi-step executions that are not necessarily driven by an existing situation or event. They encompass high-level Goals/Objectives for the Customer and typically have a longer timeframe for completion.
- I want to prepare for an upcoming QBR or Exec Meeting -> CTA
- I want to develop goals and an action plan for my customer for this quarter -> Success Plan
- I want to ensure the handoff between Sales and Services happens for my customer -> CTA
- I want to record my customer’s goals with our products and services so that we can measure against them -> Success Plan
Can I report on Success Plans and Objectives in Report Builder?
- Yes, you can create a report on Success Plans by reporting on the ‘Success Plan’ object.
- Yes, you can create a report on Objectives by reporting on the ‘Call to Action’ object and applying a filter for ‘Type Name = Objective’.
Will I have the same functionality on an Objective as I do on a CTA (Create different layouts by Objective Type)?
Objectives have all the same features as CTAs, except they are tied to Objective Categories, instead of a CTA Reason. They also have a Success Criteria field available in every Objective CTA.
Can I identify an overall owner for the Success Plan?
Yes, you can identify an overall owner in the Success Plan setup on the C360, as well as different Objective and Task owners.
Is there a template available for Success Plans?
Yes, your admin can define success plan templates. You can use these templates for new success plans. For more information on how to apply template to success plans, refer to Create Success Plans in C360.
Can I use Success Plans and Objectives as criteria in Journey Orchestrator or the Rules Engine?
Yes, you can create a rule on Success Plans by using ‘Success Plan’ as your source object.
Yes, you can create a rule on Objectives by using the ‘Call to Action’ object as your source object and applying a filter for ‘Type Name = Objective’
What is the Highlights' field for?
You are provided with three standard fields (Description, Action Plan, and Highlights) in the 'Plan Info' screen, which may help customers to define the scope of the plan. However, the layout can be customised, so Admins can rename these three fields and delete the fields. “Highlights” and “Action Plan”, if required.
Can I create Success Plans for Companies and Relationships?
Can Admins create Success Plans automatically for companies and relationships using the Rules Engine?
Why does my window goes blank screen when I am attempting to share a success plan?
You might have included special characters in the Success Plan Name, remove the special characters and try again.
Can I (as an Admin) hide a Success Plan Type, as I do not want my users to use a particular Success Plan Type for some reason?
You cannot make a Success Plan type inactive but, you can rename the Success Plan Type Names. This action changes the Type name in all the past entries.