Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article focuses on the options available in the Report Repository page, and how to navigate the Report Repository.
Navigate to Administration > Analytics > Report Builder:
- Search options: Search reports by Source Object, Report Name, Created By, Last Modified By, and Used In conditions. (The default report list view is arranged by Report Name.)
Note: ‘Used In’ filter displays all the reports which are displayed in a Dashboard, C360, or Neither data points.
- Report sorting by function: Sort reports by Created By, Last Modified Date, Report Name and Created Date, and access the source folder of the specific report on the same page. Once selected, the list will be displayed and you can use the icon to see the list of folder names in ascending or descending order. (The default report list view is sorted by Last Modified Date.)
- All (total number of reports available): Displays the total number of reports available under different folders in the Report Builder page.
- Favourites: Displays the reports that you marked as favorites at the user level. Use the star symbol available beside each checkbox of the reports to favorite the report.
- Folders: Folders are used for managing reports in the Report Builder. You can create, edit and delete the folders based on your requirement. If a report is not categorized or moved to a specific folder, the report remains Uncategorized.
To Create Folders:
- Click + to create a folder or a sub-folder.
- Select Home to create a Folder (or) Select an existing folder, if you want to create a Sub-folder.
- Enter the name of your choice.
- Click ADD.
To Edit and Delete Folders:
- Click the Folder Name you wish to edit/delete.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the folder name.
- Click the delete/trash icon to delete the folder.
You can also drag and drop a folder into another folder.
- You cannot create a folder under Uncategorized.
- You can create only two levels of subfolders under Home.
- Expand/Collapse: Click the icon to expand the information of the report and icon to collapse the information displayed for the report. When you click the icon, the following information is displayed for each report:
- Created By
- Last Modified By
- Used In
- Folder Path
- Description (optional)
- + REPORT: Click this to create a new report.
- MOVE TO: Select the checkbox for one or more reports, and click MOVE TO to select the destination folder from the drop-down list. You can also drag/drop a report or select multiple reports to move them into folders.
- Checkbox: Select the check box for one or more reports to move/delete.
- Destination Folder: Click on the folder name, it shows the hierarchy under the folder structure on the left pane. You can see the name of the respective folder where the reports are located along with the report names.
- Color Palette and Custom Colors: Click the three dots to access organization-wide settings. For more information on Color Palette and Custom Colors, refer to Color Settings in Reports.
- View report: Click on the report name to open a report. When you click on a report, you can choose to either run the report using the RUN button, or modify the report configuration before running it.
Note: By default, in the report list view, reports available in the repository are arranged by the last modified date. Latest reports appear at the top.
Create or Edit Reports
Click + REPORT to build a new report. To edit an existing report, click on the report name you wish to edit. For more information on how to create and edit reports, refer How to Build Basic Reports.