Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
The Journey Orchestrator > Programs page displays a list of existing Programs. Users can see basic information regarding the Program from this view, filter the list for specific programs, and create and delete programs.
You can filter the Program List View by clicking on the status name in the list key. The list view will then only display the programs that match the selected status.
Programs are categorized into five statuses:
- Draft: The program is still being configured and is not published at this time.
- Scheduled: The program is scheduled to publish at a future date and time. The schedule can be removed by changing the program to a Draft status. For more information on scheduling Programs to publish, refer to the Configure Model and Emails for Programs article.
- Active: The program is published and is currently running. When a Program is Active, Admins can not edit beyond the following actions:
- Generate a query to pull in participants
- Modify the schedule for when the query runs
- Configure Uniqueness Criteria
- Remove Participants
- Modify Email Templates (edits will be reflected for participants going forward)
- Modify any CTA steps (edits will be reflected for participants going forward)
For more information on these available configurations, refer to Adding Participants to a Program.
- Pause: The program was published and Active, but the run was Paused. While further configurations are not possible at this time, the program can be set back to the Active status. A paused program freezes its participants in their respective states. They will not move to a new step in the Program model until the Program has been made Active. When this occurs, Participants will continue moving through the Program Lifecycle as normal.
Note: The Pause option for Programs has been temporarily disabled, but we plan to re-enable it soon.
- Stopped: The program was published and Active, but was Stopped and is no longer running. No new participants will be added, and all participants are moved to a the status "knocked-off". Further configurations are not possible, and the program can not be started again. For more information on how to publish Programs and change their status, refer to the Configure Model and Emails for Programs article.
Note: Programs that belong to a relationship will be stopped, and the relationship ID will be marked as null at the Program and participant level, if the associated relationship is deleted using the Relationship delete operation. For more information on this operation, refer to the Data Operation article.
Hover over the name of a program to see additional options:
Information: indicates the Model Type (NPS, CSAT, Generic Survey, etc.) as well as the date it was created.
Edit: Allows the user to configure the program's participants as well as the model of the email campaign.
Clone: Allows users to create a copy of the program with the same configurations. The clone will have the same sources, but you still need to sync participants and publish the program to make it active. If the original Program had a Power List participant source, you will need to add a new Power List schedule for the clone.
Activity Feed: Allows users to view an activity feed for each participant. The activity feed appears as a flow diagram and displays each step of the participant journey in the Program. This includes when the participant was sent an email, how long the participant waited between each step, view the participant responses to a survey, and when the participant was dropped from the program journey and also the failure reason. For more information regarding the Activity Feed feature, refer to the Program: Participant Activity Feed article.
Analytics: This navigates to the pre-built analytic reports for that specific Program. For more information on Program Analytics, refer to the Reports for a Single Program article.
Delete: Deletes the Program.
Create a new Program
To configure a new Program:
- Click + CREATE at the top-right of the page to create and configure a new Program.
- Name: Enter the name of the Program; this will only be visible to internal users.
- Type: Select if the Program is configured for Company or Relationship or User.
Note: If you select User type, only the Email Chain model is available in the Program Model section.
- Model: Select the Model to be used for this Program. For more information on Model, refer to the Available Models for Programs article.
- Survey: Select the survey to be used as part of this Program. This field will only be visible if you have selected a survey model.
- In-line Survey Checkbox: Check this if you would like to insert an in-line survey question as part of your Program. Checking this will display another field to select the survey question to be used as an in-line question. Only single-select questions on the first page of the survey will be available for selection. For more information on in-line survey questions, refer to << In-Line Survey Overview TBA>>.
- Click SAVE.
Programs Search Bar
By clicking on the search drop-down icon in the top-right of the menu, you can select the following options to filter the Program list view.
- Program Name: This is the default selection for the search bar. Filter the list view for Programs with names that contain the text entered in the search bar.
- Program Model: Filter the list view for Programs configured with specific model types. The available model types are: NPS Survey, Generic Survey, CSAT Survey, and Email Chain.
- Program Type: Filter the list view by either Company Programs or Relationship Programs.